About the Training
Selections unlock some of the most powerful features of Photoshop, including the ability to apply targeted adjustments with exceptional accuracy and to produce creative composite images. This workshop from Photoshop master Tim Grey will help you truly master the fine art of creating selections in Photoshop, including the use of every selection tool available and a variety of other special techniques.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Using Quick Mask mode to create or modify selections
- Defining selections using the color range, channels, or luminosity values in an image
- Extracting, inverting, refining, and transforming selections
- Optimizing the shape and edge transitions in your selections with the Refine Edge command
- Mixing and matching multiple tools to create complex selections
You’ll then learn how to apply these techniques to difficult selections like hair, fur, trees, and monochromatic images. By the time you’re done, you’ll have gained a strong understanding of how selections can be created and refined with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency, and how they can be used to optimize your images.
The lessons are wrapped in a feature-rich interface that lets you jump to any topic and bookmark individual sections for later review. Full-Screen mode provides a hi-def, immersive experience, and Watch-and-Work mode shrinks the video into a small window so you can play the videos alongside your application. This course also includes project files so you can follow along and try out new techniques as you learn them. Note: This course was recorded in Photoshop CS5, but was created with users of both Photoshop CS5 and Photoshop CS4 in mind.
- Broadband internet connection
- Up-to-date browser with Flash plug-in
- Screen resolution 1024x768 or higher
- Sound card with speakers or headphones attached
- Pentium 4 2.6 GHz or higher, or Apple Mac G5
- 512 MB RAM
In order to win on of the 3 coupons, which can be used for the Photoshop Selections Workshop, all you need to do is to answer the following question: Name one of the selection tools?
Send your answer to this e-mail
address, before Thursday the 22th of September 2011.