Who's this Book for:
Rockstar WordPress Designer 2 picks up where the original Rockstar WordPress Designer book left off and teaches you the advanced tools for WordPress mastery! Rohan Mehta translates his extensive experience as a WordPress developer into a straight-forward, practical guide to advanced WordPress features like custom post types, widgets, and more.
What You'll Learn:
In this book, author Rohan Mehta will show you how powerful WordPress can get as a content management platform, and not just as a blogging platform. Entire sites can be run on WordPress and the ways to customize it are limitless. You will learn how to develop code for WordPress that is reusable across projects - the theme options and meta box classes can be adapted across themes extremely easily and without much effort at all.
Example Themes and Files in the Book:
- Photoshop Files - The PSD files for the design used in this book.
- HTML Theme - This is the HTML version of the PSD theme. It consists of the various used in the theme - home page, static page, blog page, single blog post, etc.
- HTML Admin - This is the HTML design of the administration panel used in the theme.
- Basic Framework - This is the folder with the basic framework for the theme, where you will find the basic structure. This consists of the regular WordPress theme files, including the index.php files, style.css stylesheet and various other regular theme files such as page.php, single.php, etc.
- Complete Theme - This is the final completed theme which is ready to use. It is basically the BasicFramework plus all the advanced features you will learn about in this book.
Our friends from Rockable Press
are giving away 5 free e-books. All you need to do, to enter the
competition is download the sample to continue the following line: "If you look at the HTML version of the theme, you will notice that there is a small description under the..."
Send your answer to this e-mail
address, before Wednesday the 18th of October 2011.