This suite of extensions will allow you to very easy create web pages containing lists of files from your server folders. Make web photo albums on the fly and multi-column thumbnail views! No need for a database!
Can be used together with Pure ASP Upload 3! You don't need to write any additional code, it is all click and use!
The extension has been deprecated. Please, get DMXzone File System Connector!
Specify any folder on the server as data source in Dreamweaver
- Use the folderlist as a datasource to list the files. Just select and insert what you want to display on the page.
- List files in a table - Select the number of records and columns to be displayed in a table or simply show all records.
- Repeat a list of files - A Folder List Repeater is included with this extension so you can easily make a table with a list of files.
- Folder List Navigation - List the uploaded files and create a
navigation through multiple pages.
- Horizontal Repeating is also supported! Make now lists also in multiple columns - Create
a web photo album with the images on your server. Use the special
horizontal repeat behavior that is shipped with this extension.
- Display files with properties - Display your uploaded files with the
name, size, date, etc.
- Delete Files Server Behavior to manage your files - A Delete Server Behavior is included so you can make a list of your files with links to delete files on the server.
- Translators are supplied - To map all produced code into nice visual elements in Dreamweaver
- Great Dreamweaver integration - Interactive dialog in Dreamweaver with all the options you'll need.
Using File Genie as Data Source for HTML5 Slideshow
With this movie
we will show you how to use File Genie
as a data source for HTML5 Slideshow.
Listing Files With File Genie
With this movie we will show you how to list all of the files in any folder and display their size.
Creating a Folder List Navigation Using File Genie
With this movie we will show you how to create a folder list navigation using File Genie ASP.
Deleting Files Using File Genie
With this movie we will show you how to delete files using File Genie ASP.
Creating a Cool Image Gallery that Retrieves Images from a Folder List
With this movie we will show you how easily you can create your CSS Image Gallery and have it retrieve its images from a File Genie ASP Folder List using Folder List Repeater.
- Full Dreamweaver CC and Extension Manager CC support
- Improved extension User Interface
- Improved Windows 8 compatibility
- New compatibility with our latest extensions HTML5 Slideshow and DMXzone Nivo Slider! Now thanks to File Genie those galleries can have any folder as image source!
- New improved Dreamweaver interface!
- Improved compatibility with the latest DW versions
- Improved Dreamweaver installer
- Dreamweaver CS4 Compatibility
- Various bug fixes
- New sorting options
Here are five easy steps to update all your pages;
- Install the latest version of File Genie PHP/ASP
- Open your File Genie PHP/ASP page
- Select the existing File Genie PHP/ASP Server Behaviour from the server behaviors palette
- Click on the ok button to re-apply the server behaviours
- An alert will be sure that your files are replaces, make sure you upload the files to your server
This process updates the PHP file in the general ScriptLibrary folder so a single page update is enough.
George Petrov is a renowned software writer and developer whose extensive skills brought numerous extensions, articles and knowledge to the DMXzone- the online community for professional Adobe Dreamweaver users. His expertise in countless languages and technologies gives inspiration and teach valuable lessons on his website – DMXzone.com which is most popular for its over high-quality Dreamweaver extensions and templates.
See All Postings From George Petrov >>