Quick and easy, great looking HTML mails in ASP!
Offer your clients the ability to send HTML mails based on a template (either on your machine or at a URL), each personalized with the recipient's name. You can add attachments to everyone, or a group of people, there's progress bars while you're sending them - all this in an external ASP class file, so just a couple of lines on your page.
This extension uses old Server Behaviors technology deprecated by Adobe and we will also deprecate it soon. Please use the new DMXzone Mailer, based on the new DMXzone Server Connect technology for building dynamic web sites with server connectivity.
- Full international characters support - Now you can select the language character set you are using and
the mail headers and body will be fully encoded so that every mail
client will be able to read you language the way it should!
- Generates fully MHTML compatible mails with the images included or linked to the web - You can send mail with the images included in the mail so the
mail can be read offline, or create links to images hosted on the
- Send to single or multiple users - You can easily choose to send a mail to one person, send CC's or BCC's, or multiple recipients from a recordset.
- Use cool real-time Flash progress bars when sending bulk mail - When sending mail to multiple recipients you can choose to show a
real time progress bar that follows the progress of the mail being
- Fully personalize your mails so that they include personal information - You can include dynamic data to personalize the mail, form variables for example.
- Use any URL as template for the mail body! - This way you can send for example
personalized invoices and still have them available on the web as well!
- Send fully customized HTML mails based on a Template - Imagine sending a newsletter just like the one from DMXzone.
- Add attachments in any way you want - one by one, full folder or via recordset!
- Support for lots of standard mail components for mail processing - The following mail components are supported: CDO (WinXP/Win2000), CDONTS (WinNT4/Win2000), JMail, ASPEmail and ASPMail.
- Extended error checking - The extension includes an error checking function that you can
turn on or off. If you turn it on and something goes wrong while sending
the mail you will get an error message.
- Generates just a few lines of code on your page - Your page size remains small with the code for the Smart Mailer extension in a separate include file.
- Full Mac OSX support - We have enhanced the extension user interface and functionality so that it looks fantastic on OSX as well
Validate a Form in ASP and Send it Via Email
With this movie we will show you how to use Universal Form Validator ASP in order to validate a form that sends an e-mail using Smart Mailer ASP.
Type: Server Behavior
Product: Dreamweaver MX, Dreamweaver MX 2004, Dreamweaver 7, Dreamweaver 8, Dreamweaver CS3, Dreamweaver CS4, Dreamweaver CS5/CS5.5 and CS6, Dreamweaver CS5.5, Dreamweaver CC+
Platform: Win XP/2000/2003/2008/7, Mac OS 8.6 or higher
- Improved compatibility with Dreamweaver CC 2015
- Full Dreamweaver CC and Extension Manager CC support
- Improved extension User Interface
- Improved Windows 8 compatibility
- Support for different port number in template
- Updated mail progress bar
- Improved Dreamweaver CS5 installer
- Fixed bug with dim error on multiple instances
- Fixed version check
- Compatibility for Universal Form Validator ASP
- Fixes for
- Dreamweaver CS4 compatibility
- Flash progress bars optimized for increased reliability
- Fixed progress bar for Mozilla based browsers
- Improved error checking
- Better handling of empty fields (for e-mail and name)
- Fixed the 'objMail.EncodeHeader' error
- Improved support for Jmail
- Improved performance
George Petrov is a renowned software writer and developer whose extensive skills brought numerous extensions, articles and knowledge to the DMXzone- the online community for professional Adobe Dreamweaver users. His expertise in countless languages and technologies gives inspiration and teach valuable lessons on his website – DMXzone.com which is most popular for its over high-quality Dreamweaver extensions and templates.
See All Postings From George Petrov >>
Review of Smart Mailer
September 19, 2003
Smart Mailer is your one-stop shop for sending emails from an ASP page. All
the neccessary functionality can be added to your pages in minutes. The
extension integrates nicely with Charon Cart 3
. Order confirmations and
invoices can be emailed easily.
I must congratulate you on this product. My subscribers email bills of quantity to respective suppliers and some emails can contain up to 800 bill items. I have tried at least 4 other products and this one is by far the fastest.
Problems with ASPMail
I've programmed a little newsletter application where the user can write a newsletter with the HTMLEditor and save it to the database. Then he can select the newsletter and a mailinglist to send the newsletter.
I'm using ASPMail and HTML-Mailing.
I can send the mails to all the addresses in the mailinglist recordset but only the first mail contains the newstext. The other get a "null".
What's going wrong?
See all 6 Reviews
RE: Problems with ASPMail
I see, it only works when you use a template not static text/HTML (connected to the recordset field) as Body.
Fine extension that only needs a better documentation ;)
You must me logged in to write a review.