CVS offers outstanding benefits for version and source code control. It's a useful tool for any professional developer - freelance, small to medium business or larger distributed teams:
- Its client-server access method lets developers access the latest code from anywhere there's an Internet connection.
- Its unreserved check-out model to version control avoids artificial conflicts common with the exclusive check-out model.
- Its client tools are available on most platforms.
» Features include:
- Direct access as a Dreamweaver extension, so it can easily Checkout, Commit, Add and Update files to/from CVS
- Create new module
- Tag it a file
- Branch a file
- Release a project
- Diff a file
- Command Line for specific commands
- Authentication via all standard CVS protocols, plus Windows-specific SSPI and Active Directory (using CVSNT product)
- Secure transport support via server or encrypted SSPI
- Works with Windows-based CVS and Linux-based CVS
- Professionally built and tested ( we built it because we use it ourselves. This product is continuously enhanced for constant professional development.)
» System requirements:
» How to install:
On Windows download installer version (EXE files) , just unzip the package and then execute file. Follow the installer wizard.
On Macintosh download the MXP file and open with Extension Manager. You must have CVS client installed. Try to execute from command line cvs -v and if you get back result, all is OK.