PHP Web Applications for Dreamweaver: Juicy Solutions for the Busy Developer Support
A collection of four frequently encountered web applications.
PHP Web Applications for Dreamweaver: Juicy solutions for the Busy Developer, is a collection of four frequently encountered web applications.
Written by PHP gurus Allan Kent and Gareth Downes-Powell these studies are suitable for web designers who are familiar with the basics of Dreamweaver, CSS, PHP and MySQL, and aren't scared of a little bit of hand-coding. This book will show you how to build:
- A Searchable Image Gallery
- A Registration and Confirmation E-mail System
- A Calendar Application
- A Custom Web Statistics Application
Not only will these case studies give you a ready-to-go solution, they'll also improve your ability to deliver effective CSS based database-driven web sites.
If you want to discuss any feature of this book, don't forget to use the forum specially dedicated to this release - either hit the Discuss button at the bottom of the page or follow this link.
The source code for each chapter is attached to the ebook PDF, and can be viewed in Acrobat 6 from the Document > File Attachments... menu.
- What this book does, and who it’s for
Meet the Authors
- Allan Kent
- Gareth Downes-Powell
1. A PHP/CSS Searchable Image Gallery.
- The Basic Image Gallery
- Thumbnailing a Portion of an Image
- Making Use of Thumbnails
- Loose Ends and Enhancements
2. A PHP Based Registration and Confirmation E-mail System
- Creating the Application Structure
- Building A Simple Test Script
- Validating Users with Validation Code Images
- User Management and Log In
- A Login System
- Enhancing the Application – Password Encryption and Retrieval
3. A PHP Based Calendar Application
- Building the Calendar
- Styling the Calendar
- Working with Dates with MySQL
- PHP Commands for Working with Dates & Timestamps
- Expanding the Calendar – Linking to Events
- Creating the Details page to Display Events
- Building the Add Record Page
- Building a Page to Edit and Delete Calendar Entries
4. A PHP Based Custom Web Statistics Application
- Logging Visitor Data
- Analysing the Data
- Displaying the Results
- Graphing the Statistics