Finally got it to install after download and clicking the file on the desktop.
I had to remove all Page Editor code from the previous version from the website and re add.This version however seems to look for changes to synchronize the site to the server, but never finds any changes.
Nearly 2 weeks of .Net issues, file permissions and many, many hours of testing, I finally got it to work.
In my case it was necessary to add read/write permissions to each page that had an instance of the Page Editor. Perhaps that will help someone.
I also have found that I have to press the initiation key combination 2 or three times to start the application.
I have never been able to get the FTP to work properly. Version 1 or 2.
Version 1, it did produce a file dmxPageEditor.aspx with the login info to be uploaded to the server.
In version 2 when I check the FTP login info checkbox and fill in the details, the do not stay in the dialogue box and the aspx file is not produced only dmxPageEditor.asp that keeps the editor login information only no FTP info.
I am concerned about launching pages with write access on the web so the FTP would be the best, but unable to get it to work anymore.
Teodor means of course the web server running on linux or windows not DW ... As the Online Page Editor is editing live pages on your live web server - there is where permissions need to be set if no FTP is used...
The Non FTP function does work with proper permissions. No problem.
With FTP. I can do one update only, then additional changes throw errors that editable areas cannot be found etc. Updates do take place once you click out of the editable area. But, and here's the fun part, refresh the page and every bit of code is stripped from the page, not one line left, just a blank page.
BTW, I turned off the write permissions before doing this. Still stripped the page of all code.
2 weeks of this, I'm done, this code needs a lot more work guys, way too many bugs. I rate it a 1 or less.