I followed the instructions to doing it that way, and using the option2 for bindings is a much better way of doing that. I could even give that first non-usable selection a label, which is great.
However, my page still won't pass googlebot. This time it's a different error.
Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a139e' Lexer Error: Unexpected token '}' at column 12 in expression [memberWphone}} | ] /ScriptLibrary/dmxDataBindingsSEO.asp, line 445
I understand what you're saying - you can't account for all problems in code, but the problem with these errors, is that it doesn't give you much info on what's wrong in the code. The concerning part is that unless this error is resolved, is this page not going to be SEO friendly with the search engines?
The idea behind the SEO extension is great, but it's not at all easy to get your page to validate through googlebot. The whole point of these extensions is so you don't have to write or understand the code behind all of this, and when you get errors like this you're kind of dead in the water.
It won't pass googlebot because of something to do with the memberWphone field. So, I was messing around and I removed the space between the phone number and the email address. Guess what... it passes googlebot. But you cannot just run all of your content together! You need to have spaces between words and in this case I was just trying to use something to visually separate the phone and email address - just a dash or a pipe (- or |).
No matter what I use between phone and email, whether it be any character or even just a space, googlebot test fails. Why is that? It seems like you should be able to separate fields from one another. Right?
Not much has changed on this extension. Test as google bot is still pretty much worthless unless you are just using it on a very simple page. Using something as basic as a data-driven dropdown menu kills the test as googlebot feature and gives you errors like this:
Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a1391' 'expStripped' is undefined /ScriptLibrary/dmxDataBindingsSEO.asp, line 637
Hello Steve, We are going to check the errors you are getting on your page. The data-driven dropdown menus or any other data-driven functionality on your page are not supposed and to "kill" the extension actually.
I have implemented the file you've sent, and it did improve on the error I last reported, but now I get this error again, which I've seen and reported before:
Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a139e' Lexer Error: Unexpected token '}' at column 12 in expression [memberWphone}} ] /ScriptLibrary/dmxDataBindingsSEO.asp, line 445
From previous testing I found out that the way to solve this problem is remove all spaces between the phone field and the other fields around it. Problem is, you need spaces between different elements in order for them to look good on the page and to be readable.