Pure ASP Upload 3 Support Product Page

Problem with

Asked 05 Jan 2011 15:50:05
has this question
05 Jan 2011 15:50:05 ody Ibekwe posted:
Hello,

Problem with "Pure ASP Upload 3". Since after I bought and tried to use the "Pure ASP Upload 3" on my web design, I could not get the software going and could not get the software to function. It will not upload to folder and will not upload to ASP image page.

Now to understand this product/software:
Do I need to add “Smart Image Processor” to the make it work?

How would you use this product if you are to use it your self on your web page?

Let me know what you think.

Ody.

Replies

Replied 06 Jan 2011 10:44:57
06 Jan 2011 10:44:57 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Ody,

More details on your DW and OS versions.
And you don't need Smart Image Processor unless you want to resize or process images (like rotate them, add watermark and so on) in any way.
Check the manual of the product for basic installation instructions and watch the Videos on product page.
Also see to add the Pure Upload firstly on the page before any other Server Behavior.
If your problem persist pass here the code of a page where you have tried to place the Uploader.

Regards,
Replied 11 Jan 2011 11:36:32
11 Jan 2011 11:36:32 ody Ibekwe replied:
Hello Zografsk,

YOU:
More details on your DW and OS versions.

My response to you email is as follows.

ME:
You wanted to have more details on my DW and OS versions.
My DW is “Dreamweaver CS4” and operating system is “Windows XP Professional”.

YOU:
And you don't need Smart Image Processor unless you want to resize or process images (like rotate them, add watermark and so on) in any way.

ME:
You also said I don not need “Smart Image Processor” unless I “want to resize or process images (like rotate them, add watermark and so on) in any way.” In-fact this is main reason for buying this software. If the “Pure ASP Upload 3” could not or would not do these things, why do I need it for my project? I want to be able create site like “facebook” for an example and allow my clients to be able upload images like you have uploaded on this reply page you sent to me.

Further more, do I need to use the “Smart Image Processor” by it self as a server side incase I decide to buy the software?

YOU:
Check the manual of the product for basic installation instructions and watch the Videos on product page.

ME:
I have followed the manual and watched the video to no avail at all, that why it took me time to reply to you. So what else do you think I should do?

YOU:
Also see to add the Pure Upload firstly on the page before any other Server Behavior.
If your problem persists pass here the code of a page where you have tried to place the Uploader.

ME:
Where do you suggest that I should look to find the information “add the Pure Upload firstly on the page before any other Server Behavior”? Would you kindly pass the link so I could find “add the Pure Upload firstly on the page before any other Server Behavior”? I would also like to inform you that my web design is still in progress. I only stop the design process because of this issue.

Finally is there any way I could exchange the “Pure ASP Upload 3” software with “Smart Image Processor” software?

Regards,

Ody Ibekwe
Replied 11 Jan 2011 12:16:11
11 Jan 2011 12:16:11 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Ody,

1) “…this is main reason for buying this software. If the “Pure ASP Upload 3” could not or would not do these things, why do I need it for my project?”
Pure ASP Upload does upload files ( images in your case ) to your server. If you like to process those images you need to have Smart Image Processor ASP 2 as well – both extensions work in co-operation – one to upload files and other to process images.
2) Go to this Page and check the Video about Pure ASP Upload 3 and Smart Image Processor 2 - www.dmxzone.com/go?12607#Videos
3) To place Pure ASP Upload before all others server side behaviors means when you create the page you first create a form with inputs then you apply the PAU then you apply the Smart Image Processor and then you apply Insert or Update Record server behaviors or any other Server Side Behaviors you plan to use.

Regards,

Reply to this topic