Advanced Layer Popup Support Product Page

Scroller issue with ALP

Reported 17 Sep 2010 21:08:01
has this problem
17 Sep 2010 21:08:01 Christopher Schiebel posted:
OK, I have this client who is not very happy with the solution I have given him and it is mostly because of issues with ALP. He wanted an image gallery he could update himself, so what I have done is I got him set up with a copy of Jalbum since it is free and creates a simple static index.html and uploads via built in FTP functions. I have the Jalbum finished page open with ALP so that it retains some of it's association with the custom website. The problem is that when you open pages that require the ALP window to scroll because of a lower resolution, you can't scroll down by pulling the scroll bar with the cursor. It just refuses to go. You can scroll down with a mouse wheel just fine. I can't however tell my client to either just raise his screen resolution or get a wheel mouse. I need this to scroll and it's not scrolling.

See:
www.sturdyhome.com/kitchen.htm and click on "Photos" and make sure you have your screen set to a lower resolution, say 1024x768 and you will see what I mean.
Edited by - Christopher Schiebel on 18 Sep 2010  04:30:09

Replies

Replied 19 Sep 2010 22:03:43
19 Sep 2010 22:03:43 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Christopher,
Could you please tell me what browser are you using? And if this happens in all of the browsers that you use?
Replied 29 Sep 2010 05:33:43
29 Sep 2010 05:33:43 Christopher Schiebel replied:
QuoteHello Christopher,
Could you please tell me what browser are you using? And if this happens in all of the browsers that you use?

Yes, this happens in Firefox 3.6, IE 8, Chrome 6. I didn't test Opera or some of the others, but I assume that since it was evident in the top 3 PC browsers, it likely affected all of them.
Replied 01 Oct 2010 13:50:53
01 Oct 2010 13:50:53 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Christopher,

what is the resolution your client is using to review the site.

Regards,
Replied 04 Oct 2010 18:18:41
04 Oct 2010 18:18:41 Christopher Schiebel replied:
QuoteHello Christopher,

what is the resolution your client is using to review the site.

Regards,

I don't know as I am a subcontractor on this job and do not have direct access to the client, however it is a bit of a moot point here. Both the client and the person who subcontracted to me reproduced the issue. However now that I look again, it seems to work now for some reason. I can't explain why since I was able to reproduce it as well, but I just tried again and it seems to be working fine in both IE and Firefox. The only thing I can think of is that I recommended tweaking the Jalbum settings to the guy who hired me and that must have changed something. I set up the album for him, but he was passing it on to the customer and I recommended some things he could try in the Jalbum settings. Last I heard from him, it still wasn't working, but it has been a couple weeks since I last heard from him.
Replied 07 Oct 2010 12:51:32
07 Oct 2010 12:51:32 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Christopher,

By default ALP does not auto resize depending on the content.
I think that the content may have been overfloating the ALP container... really I cannot get this recreated. If you have more information or a step by step instruction how to recreate it I'll be glad to have it.

Regards,

Reply to this topic