Advanced Layer Popup Support Product Page

I can not get this extension to show up in Dreamweaver

Asked 08 Jan 2021 21:06:59
has this question
08 Jan 2021 21:06:59 User  posted:
I can not get this extension to show up in Dreamweaver and cant figure out how to access it. I have installed it through DMX and tried through Anastasiya's Ext. Mgr. Ive restarted the program, restarted my computer , I've deleted and reinstalled, all with no results. I am on a Mac using BigSur in Dreamweaver 2021. Of note I do have other extensions installed and showing. What am I doing wrong here? Please help. TIA!

Replies

Replied 09 Jan 2021 15:39:01
09 Jan 2021 15:39:01 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
You should be using ONLY DMXzone Extension Manager to install extension in DW.
Make sure to check the manual of this extension to find where is it appearing and where do you run it from: www.dmxzone.com/go/12770/advanced-layer-popup-manual
Replied 11 Jan 2021 14:09:12
11 Jan 2021 14:09:12 User  replied:
I did use the DMXzone Extension Manager first and it says it installed but it is still not showing up in Dreamweaver. After trying many many times i tried alternate methods that did not work either. I have checked the manual and read all the instructions and can not find anything to help. I dont understand what you mean but "where do you run it from". Do you have any suggestions that might help me?
Replied 11 Jan 2021 15:47:31
11 Jan 2021 15:47:31 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Not sure which part of the manual have you checked but here: www.dmxzone.com/go/12770/advanced-layer-popup-manual/create_a_popup_window.htm it's clearly explained how to use the extension and which panel and menu to find it in ...

3. Insert the popup window behavior.
You need to save your file right now to be able to apply the Advanced Layer Popup behavior. Select the link by clicking on it. Choose Advanced Layer Popup from the Behaviors panel.

This will open the Advanced Layer Popup Panel.

Replied 11 Jan 2021 15:58:48
11 Jan 2021 15:58:48 User  replied:
Yes, I understand that and you are correct it is very clear. The issue is that it is not there as an option to use in the behaviors panel. I also tried Windows>Extentions and it is not listed. That is what is so confusing. I did not get any error messaged from the extension manager and it does seem that everything installed properly. It does show installed in the DMX Extension Manager and I even got a message saying it was installed properly along with the products pop up window opening when I restarted Dreamweaver. So it seems that everything went as it should but it is still not showing as an option inside DreamWeaver. All of my other extensions that I have previously installed in the past do show up in DMX as well as Dreamweaver so it is just this one that for some reason is not. So that has me even more confused to what it is. The only thing that is different is I updated to BigSur on my Mac and I dont know if that might be the issue. However I did reinstall my apps to be sure that it was all the latest version to use with it. I am happy to send you a screen shot if that will help.
Replied 11 Jan 2021 22:00:39
11 Jan 2021 22:00:39 User  replied:
After much research it seems that the problem lies with my new Mac containing the M1 chip, which I just got a week ago. Apparently Adobe will be working on this and sending out updates but there is no release date right now. Even using the DMX installer there are still issues with M1.

CAN I INSTALL PLUG-INS ON APPLE M1 COMPUTERS?
From Adobe...Currently, you cannot install plug-ins on Apple M1 computers. So, the Marketplace tab is not available in the Creative Cloud desktop app installed on these devices. We are working to ensure plug-in support for Apple M1 computers. In the meantime, we recommend that you install and run your plug-ins on Apple devices with Intel processors.

Thank you for trying to help but it seems I am not alone in this and it may be an issue for a while with anyone using the new MAC M1. Hope this may help others that are dealing with the same frustration.

Reply to this topic