Universal Data Exporter PHP Support Product Page

Sort Order and Field Selection CSV / XLS

Reported 17 Jul 2009 17:28:21
has this problem
17 Jul 2009 17:28:21 Ian Sheldon posted:
Hi,

I recently purchased this extension as on paper it looked like it would provide me with the tools neccesary to export data from a mySQL database.

I am having major issues with it though. The interface to the extension appears to be just a skin, because it appears that no matter what you tell it to do it just doesnt listen!

Initially I selected CSV as my export option, and I selected around 12 fields from my recordset to export and set the sort order. The export that actually takes place ignores all my customisation and just dumps the entire recordset to a CSV file.

I then tried my look with the XLS version. This is a little better in that it does export what I want but the order of the fields isnt as I set it in the extensions GUI.

Help! I need this fixing. I have put faith in this product and its let me down. If this isn't resovled very soon I will be letting my customer down - something I am not prepared to let happen.

Please resolve this ASAP!!!!!

Best Regards,
Ian

Replies

Replied 19 Jul 2009 18:23:48
19 Jul 2009 18:23:48 Ian Sheldon replied:
Any news on this please?

It's looking like this extension doesn't work - some very nice features in principle but you are advertising that it does things it doesnt.

I have to get a project out to a client and I am not going to be able to use this now.

What are your refund procedures please?
Replied 20 Jul 2009 15:11:03
20 Jul 2009 15:11:03 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Ian,

Initially I selected CSV as my export option, and I selected around 12 fields from my recordset to export and set the sort order. The export that actually takes place ignores all my customisation and just dumps the entire recordset to a CSV file.

Please, be more specific for the export options you have set up.

Regards,
Replied 26 Feb 2010 12:55:25
26 Feb 2010 12:55:25 Ian Sheldon replied:
Just to bring some life back into this one as I can see that there have been no attempts to address this severe bug by DMXZone.

It still doesn't work, on either CSV or XLS. The order of the fields is ALWAYS the order of the fields in the recordset. I can manually reorder the fields in the SELECT statement and that works, but the extension doesnt.

I need this to work. If it doesn't work I will need a refund.

As a pre-warning to anyone who might be interested in buying this extension - be careful. It does export data, but it doesn't provide the features it says it does.

Thanks
Ian

Edited by - Ian Sheldon on 26 Feb 2010  12:56:27

Edited by - Ian Sheldon on 26 Feb 2010  12:57:12
Replied 05 Mar 2010 11:36:48
05 Mar 2010 11:36:48 Miroslav Zografski replied:
The extension is in undergoing update of those features. Only the CSV export have the described bugs.

Regards,
Replied 24 Mar 2010 17:11:09
24 Mar 2010 17:11:09 Ian Sheldon replied:
Hi Miroslav

I've just tried to hop on Live Support for an update but there is no one around.

How did you get on with my refund request?

Also, how come it takes DMX Zone so long to fix a bug that was reported back in July last year? Was it even tested before being put on sale? Not properly by the looks of it.

Is 12 months turnaround a reasonable time scale to a bug report?

Thankfully I got my project out to my client through PHP so I now have some code that I can use for future projects. UDE is now both broken and redundant.

I've lost all faith in DMX Zone.

Thanks
Ian
Replied 24 Mar 2010 21:54:28
24 Mar 2010 21:54:28 George Petrov replied:
Hi Ian,

Today we released a new update containing CSV fixes as well totally rewritten Excel export. We are producing fully binary excel files now that offers the greatest compatibility with all Microsoft Office and Open Office Versions.

This was a huge new module - so it took a while to develop and test. Still the update is for free,

So download and try the latest version.

Greetings,
George

Reply to this topic