Universal Data Exporter PHP Support Product Page

In progress

Downloaded file not working on MAC

Reported 19 Jul 2010 19:08:11
has this problem
19 Jul 2010 19:08:11 Bob Cox posted:
Hi
I've not added this to another post about MAC as the post appears to be a little contensious!

When using UDE to spawn a csv file from server, the process fails on on a MAC. The file name is truckated, and the data all appears in a single cell. No problem at all on PC.

I am sure there was no problem prior to Version 113.

Have you had any other reports?

Replies

Replied 20 Jul 2010 09:42:05
20 Jul 2010 09:42:05 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Bob,

Provide more detailed information on your workstation and browsers used.

Regards,
Replied 20 Jul 2010 17:10:13
20 Jul 2010 17:10:13 Bob Cox replied:
Hi Miroslav

My MACy colleague tells me that Safari and Firefox give the same problem, and using Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4

I have a copy of the file both as received on MAC and the same file via PC. The MAC version does not show any filetype

If I rename the MAC file to file on PC to filename.csv it open in Excel and displays correctly.

Bob
Replied 11 Aug 2010 04:35:31
11 Aug 2010 04:35:31 Christene SPD replied:
I also have an intermittent problem with exports on a Mac. It seems to be buggy if there are any 'null' cells. When I am having trouble I seem to be able to get it to be able to get it to work by putting some sort of value in place of nulls. (I use a dash in text columns and a 0 in number columns.) For some reason it doesn't happen with all recordsets. Today I am exporting a recordset loaded with nulls. Its a real pain but when I get desperate I trap all of my nulls in the query with an ifnull statement.

I hope you find a solution!

Reply to this topic