Sliding Billboard Support Product Page

SBB not displaying properly in Firefox

Reported 13 Mar 2010 20:27:13
has this problem
13 Mar 2010 20:27:13 Mike Hicks posted:
Been troubleshooting two problems that I was alerted to by a user. I put up the first billboard on a site. I initially only checked its display in IE8. The user reported a big "blob" being displayed over half of the page ....I looked at it again with IE and saw nothing then tried it with Firefox. It showed the big blob. The page is a mostly CSS based and the blob extended (or bled) to the left over a CSS column. So I basically reduced the column's length trying to figure it out. Finally I noticed that it was the billboard's footer that was bleeding left (no other div of the billboard did this) I finally commented out one section of code and that cured the problem - the code was on the index page:

<div class="dmxBillboardFooter">
<div style="clear:both;"></div>
</div>

I should not have do do this but it does temporarily fix the problem - any ideas?

The second problem is that the billboard only displays half of the content - everything from the center to the right of the billboard do not display and I can't seem to find out why.......and this was only in Firefox.....displays fine in IE.
Take a look - www.darcellexv.com

Replies

Replied 15 Mar 2010 11:35:02
15 Mar 2010 11:35:02 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Mike,

Set a margin-left = ~240px to div#content. That is the answer to your second issue. It is all up to the layout you have set up. I guess the first issue is of same origin.

Regards,
Replied 17 Mar 2010 02:13:09
17 Mar 2010 02:13:09 Mike Hicks replied:
Thanks for answering Miroslav - so using your comment, I created a new <div> on the page just before the content <div> and named it "billboard". This <div> I aligned with a center attribute and re-sized the billboard to fit. Worked beautifully! Thanks for the idea about the <div> sizing. I also added overflow:hidden to the CSS class and it solved my footer problem - thanks for your help!

Edited by - Mike Hicks on 17 Mar 2010  02:24:41
Replied 17 Mar 2010 14:52:50
17 Mar 2010 14:52:50 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the credits! You are very welcome.

Regards,

Reply to this topic