HTML5 Slideshow Support Product Page

Solved

Html 5 Slideshow and LightBox problems

Reported 13 Mar 2012 07:50:31
has this problem
13 Mar 2012 07:50:31 Lar Ro posted:
My System --------Dreamweaver CS5 - with all updatesWindows 7 x64 SP1 with all updatesIntel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 8 GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (old, but runs well)Norton 360 v5 - current and scannedMalwarebytes - Current and scannedLots of hard drive space.I connot get LightBox to work correctly, I cannot get your HTML5 Slideshow to work by itself, without the Ken Burn motion.I cannot get you HTML5 Slideshow to work with LightBox box clicked, without reloading and only then does DMXlightBox add the files to the head of the page.I deleted the DW-config-cach so many times I leave a permanent shortcut on my desktop now.Even after removing and Reloading your HTML5 Slideshow v1.2.1 and LightBox v 1.0.12 lastest versions twice, just in case.If I try to make the HTML5 Slideshow and LightBox work, I have to leave the Ken Burns motion on. Save my work, open the file again in Dreamweaver, Lightbox then says it must install some files.5 Lightbox pages, 4 with problems: PAGE WITH LINK TO TEST PAGES:

www.kitchensbathsandcabinets.net/slideshow.php

Two days of reading your manuals and watching YouTube, I still can't get it to work.Larry L. Roberts

Replies

Replied 13 Mar 2012 08:19:53
13 Mar 2012 08:19:53 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Larry,

Can you please tell me if the links containing slideshow are using a Dynamic Slideshow?
I see some strange things in your code.
Replied 13 Mar 2012 19:43:56
13 Mar 2012 19:43:56 Lar Ro replied:
My images are NOT dynamic, they are local, with each sample having it's own directory.

OK, I found one Three issues.
1- in my testing, I moved the DMX style from my working website, but Dreamweaver kept the local file paths. Oops. Fixed the style.css sheet.
2- My CSS Style sheet seemed to impact the Lightbox opening up correctly on Lightbox1.php, so I deactivated my Style sheet, and that page has working DMX code. Lightbox ONLY, no HTML5 Slideshow.

I have DMX code working with FeedGenie and LightBox here:
www.robertsohana.com/photos.php
But whatever happened, I can't get it to work on my customers site. Notice the home page is Flash, and working.

I have created a new domain to test. NO OTHER CODE but dmx is on this site.
http://work.northbayweb.com/
It is html, not dynamic, no other CSS or JavaScript, just DMX.

Hope that helps.
Replied 13 Mar 2012 21:08:59
13 Mar 2012 21:08:59 Lar Ro replied:
OK, it has to be something in your code. I just used the Dreamweaver Extension manager, removed both HTML5 Slideshow and Lightbox extensions. Cleared cache, rebooted my computer, installed one at a time. Restarted Dreamweaver before installing the next one. Lightbox first, then HTML5 Slideshow - based on release dates.
Then created a second new subdomain, new folders, default Dreamweaver CSS and page code.
Install a folder with 4 images, and used minimalistic slideshow, and it worked somewhat.
The slideshow worked, but not the lightbox.
The Lightbox code did not install when the page was first created.
Then when I reloaded the page in Dreamweaver the Lightbox code was added, then the page image went black and it no longer works.
Oh, I did notice that the dmxAbout line says Generated by HTML5 SLideshow v 1.2.0, NOT 1.2.1
Also that it worked BEFORE the lightbox code was added, then my Dreamweaver said there was a syntax error in the jQuery code.
I think my wokding pages are using an older version, so I better not touch them and keep them working.

Got to get to work. Way too many unbillable hours wasted on this.
Larry Roberts
Replied 14 Mar 2012 07:34:13
14 Mar 2012 07:34:13 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hi Larry,

I see you have some problem with the slideshow code generated in your DW:

<script type="text/javascript">
  // <![CDATA[
 jQuery(document).ready(
   function()
     {
       jQuery("#slideshow1").dmxHTML5Slideshow(
         {"toJSONString": , "width": 600, "height": 400, "slide": {"toJSONString": }, "controls": {"position": "top", "toJSONString": }, "description": {"position": "bottom", "toJSONString": }, "transition": {"toJSONString": }, "kenburns": {"enabled": false, "start": {"toJSONString": }, "end": {"toJSONString": }, "toJSONString": }}
       );
     }
 );
  // ]]>
  </script>

What i am referring to here is the: "toJSONString": in the code that should not be there.

And it should be like:
<script type="text/javascript">
  // <![CDATA[
 jQuery(document).ready(
   function()
     {
       jQuery("#slideshow4").dmxHTML5Slideshow(
         {"width": 600, "height": 400, "controls": {"position": "top"}, "description": {"position": "bottom"}}
       );
     }
 );
  // ]]>
</script>

The lightbox message can be disabled by just clicking the Do Not Show me this message again... checkbox.

I just created this page:
www.dmxzone.com/demo/php/teodor/slideshowlb/index.php Inserted a slideshow with lightbox enabled .. no ken burns. It works just fine.

NOTE: If for some reason when you add the Slideshow to your page and the Lightbox functionality is not added, please just reopen the slideshow UI and just click OK. then save and upload again
Replied 14 Mar 2012 16:22:13
14 Mar 2012 16:22:13 Lar Ro replied:
IT IS FIXED. Thank You for the time you spent, for a PROBLEM caused by Extend Studio jQuery Extensions. I had to reset Dreamweaver CS5 preferences - remove registration entries, and start over. SO all I can say is pick your Extensions carefully. I added back my Extensions one at a time and tested each one to see which one caused the problem.

Thanks - I love your products.
Larry
Replied 14 Mar 2012 16:47:17
14 Mar 2012 16:47:17 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Larry,

Thank you for the feedback, can you please tell us which of the extendstudio extensions do you think cause the issue, so we can check this?
Replied 14 Mar 2012 17:25:41
14 Mar 2012 17:25:41 Lar Ro replied:
Teodor,
I am pretty sure that it was the JQuery XPOSE Gallery. I downloaded the trial and then 1 week later I went to use DMX and everything started breaking. I had already removed the trial. However, I also owned the JQuery PowerSlider and JQuery Slideshow Plus. I had to remove ALL of the Extend Studio products before the problem disappeared. I have since added back the Extend Studio Creative DW Menus Pack and Creative DW Image Show Pro with no problems.

Thanks for your help.
Larry
This reply was removed on 8/27/2015 8:42:59 AM.
See the changelog

Reply to this topic