DMXzone Calendar 2 Support Product Page

Under consideration

Make links for dates

Shared 09 Feb 2012 20:37:09
like this idea
09 Feb 2012 20:37:09 steve test posted:
I can create dynamic dates showing properly in my calendar but do not see where I can set a page link and var to pull up more details on the date/event when clicked.

Replies

Replied 09 Feb 2012 21:21:29
09 Feb 2012 21:21:29 steve test replied:
I saw there was a Behavior Connector link in the properties panel. Using this I added a GoTo URL behaviour link and then wrote the following jquery function:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
   function goTo(msg){
  alert('msg');
   };
 });
</script>

Firebug reports an error that the function goTo is not defined... The full calendar script is as follows:

// <![CDATA[
 jQuery(document).ready(
   function()
     {
       jQuery("#dmxCalendar21").dmxCalendar2(
         {"altFormat": "yy-mm-dd", "displayInline": true, "condDates": [<?php
  do {
?> {"date": "<?php echo  dmxCalendarFormat($row_rsEvents['event_day'], "mm/dd/yy") ; ?>", "till": "<?php echo  dmxCalendarFormat($row_rsEvents['event_day_to'], "mm/dd/yy") ; ?>", "cls": "isEvent", "tooltip": "<?php echo $row_rsEvents['event_title']; ?>", "enabled": true, "cond": ""}, <?php
    } while ($row_rsEvents = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsEvents));
?>], "firstDay": 1, "showOn": "both", "showAnim": "fadeIn", "duration": "slow", "showOptions": {"direction": "up", "easing": "swing"}, "yearRange": "c-10:c+10", "onSelect": "goTo(##date##);"}
       );
     }
 );
  // ]]>
</script>

goTo and a date are noted as an onSelect event.

Should it not fire the goTo function???

I thought it would be easier to simply link an event to another page for further details.
Replied 09 Feb 2012 22:46:23
09 Feb 2012 22:46:23 steve test replied:
ok, so I copied the code from your sample page :
www.dmxzone.com/demo/php/DMxzoneCalendar2/AjaxCalendar/index.php

And now I can link to a date on the inline calendar BUT...

If you have a date range and you do not select the first day your SOL..

Basically it would be more functional to carry the eventID (primary key) of the event to better populate the target details page.

Is there are way to bind the primary key to the shown dates rather than just the ##Date## options???
Replied 09 Feb 2012 23:32:06
09 Feb 2012 23:32:06 steve test replied:
Ohhh we're getting close...

This is what I need to work:

Note the <?php echo $row_rsEvents['event_id']; ?> as the URL query string in the goToRL value. Something is blocking the value from showing. I expect it's the need of a JSON parameter in the inital JSON lists...

Can you guys be so kind as to provide this so I can use my own event detail page rather than being force into some proformated methods?

// <![CDATA[
 jQuery(document).ready(
   function()
     {
       jQuery("#dmxCalendar21").dmxCalendar2(
         {"dateFormat": "yy-mm-dd", "altFormat": "yy-mm-dd", "displayInline": true, "condDates": [<?php
  do {
?> {"date": "<?php echo  dmxCalendarFormat($row_rsEvents['event_day'], "mm/dd/yy") ; ?>", "till": "<?php echo  dmxCalendarFormat($row_rsEvents['event_day_to'], "mm/dd/yy") ; ?>", "cls": "isEvent", "tooltip": "<?php echo $row_rsEvents['event_title']; ?>", "enabled": true, "cond": ""}, <?php
    } while ($row_rsEvents = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsEvents));
?>], "firstDay": 1, "showOn": "both", "showAnim": "fadeIn", "duration": "slow", "showOptions": {"direction": "up", "easing": "swing"}, "yearRange": "c-10:c+10", "onSelect": "MM_goToURL(\'parent\',\'events.php?date=<?php echo $row_rsEvents['event_id']; ?>\');"}
       );
     }
 );
  // ]]>
</script>

Replied 09 Feb 2012 23:59:44
09 Feb 2012 23:59:44 steve test replied:
ok, so the ID value needs to be in the JSON constuct somewhat like this:

{"date": "<?php echo  dmxCalendarFormat($row_rsEvents['event_day'], "mm/dd/yy") ; ?>", "till": "<?php echo  dmxCalendarFormat($row_rsEvents['event_day_to'], "mm/dd/yy") ; ?>", "cls": "isEvent", "tooltip": "<?php echo $row_rsEvents['event_title']; ?>", "enabled": true, "cond": "<?php echo $row_rsEvents['event_id']; ?>"}

but how then to get the "cond" value to populate to the URL Query string used in the goToURL function????

This extension is not going to help me if I can not get a key value passed to my events page so as to do whatever I need to do in recalling the event details.

Please advise if this expectation in incorrect for this extension. Note: I do not want to have to display another calendar page much like the AjaxCalender examples. I simply want the id value available on my events page via a $_GET
Replied 10 Feb 2012 07:07:29
10 Feb 2012 07:07:29 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello,

Please watch the Using DMXzone Calendar 2 with Ajax Event Calendar video on the product page under Videos tab:
www.dmxzone.com/go/19516/
Replied 12 Feb 2012 14:44:04
12 Feb 2012 14:44:04 Colin Miller replied:
I need this to work too. My events are held in a mySQL table and all I need is a basic link that can direct to a page with the event details on. I am not using Ajax Even Calendar, I just need to be able to link to a page taking a param with it
Replied 12 Feb 2012 15:26:58
12 Feb 2012 15:26:58 steve test replied:
Yup simple requirement that the record ID is vital as a link element.

Not everyone wants to be forced into some predetermined landing page fucntionality (Ajax Calendar).

I can get the recordID value to show in the created JSON, just need to now write the jquery part that takes it as a URL query element
Replied 14 Feb 2012 21:14:47
14 Feb 2012 21:14:47 steve test replied:
Update: I wrote my own solution that onSelect knows the record ID and passes it to an event page.

Hopefully those responsible at DMXZone realize the value and add it to their product so others can benefit.

Regards,

Steve
Replied 07 Jun 2012 13:55:28
07 Jun 2012 13:55:28 steve test replied:
Any updates on when this is going to be implemented?

Reply to this topic