DMXzone Calendar 2 Support Product Page

Answered

block out dates that have been reserved

Asked 23 Sep 2013 19:52:13
have this question
23 Sep 2013 19:52:13 David Hampton posted:
I'm using the calendar for rental cabins with PHP and mySQL database. After rental dates have been entered into the database by a customer, I want them blocked out to show they are already booked and can't be selected by the next person making a reservation. How is this done? This would certainly be an appropriate tutorial since any reservation system needs this procedure.

Replies

Replied 24 Sep 2013 06:41:00
24 Sep 2013 06:41:00 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello David,

Check out this video:
img.youtube.com/vi/8O5ITZM-9JQ/mqdefault.jpg
Also Check the Videos Section in
www.dmxzone.com/go/19516/dmxzone-calendar-2#videos

Regards.
Replied 24 Sep 2013 16:43:51
24 Sep 2013 16:43:51 David Hampton replied:
Hi Miroslav,
Just so you know...I had gone through all the instructional videos prior to asking the question, and I can find nothing to provide me with a complete tutorial regarding my issue. I have a test page up using the calendar to insert dates into a MySQL database (utilizing the tutorial "Using Standard Dreamweaver Insert Record Behavior). That works fine. I want to use the same page to dynamically reflect dates that have already been reserved. The video "Holiday Reservation System" does not use dynamic data so it won't work. I've followed the video "Dynamic Conditional Formatting" until it gets to setting the class from the dropdown, but there is nothing in my dropdown menu. How do I get (create) the class? Also, should the "Selectable" checkbox be checked? I copied the conditional statement from the video then the next page goes to a "SQL Query Area" Where is this page? This is where it gets confusing...How does the "yes" or "no" condition get into the database? Then the video ends???
I'm not that experienced with PHP, but I can usually follow along with most tutorials. I'm lost here. Can you please be of assistance?
thank you,
David Hampton

Reply to this topic