Pure ASP Upload Add On Pack Support Product Page

Solved

Email not sent

Reported 13 Nov 2012 15:56:32
have this problem
13 Nov 2012 15:56:32 j koester posted:
Can't get this to work. Uploads to database, will not send email. I've forwarded my files and links to them several weeks ago. I've tried CDO, ASPMail & persits, all that are supported by this host. I can get other form emailers to work, but need upload to database & attachements emailed which is why I bought this extension.

My requests for help keep getting deleted from the forum and my requests for help go unanswered. I'd really just like this to work. Please respond.

Replies

Replied 15 Nov 2012 09:24:41
15 Nov 2012 09:24:41 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello J.

Please, provide the page where you have the upload and add-on set on my e-mail :

Regards.
Replied 19 Nov 2012 18:15:13
19 Nov 2012 18:15:13 j koester replied:
Good news, with Miro's help, I was able to get this working.

For anyone who is interested, here's a list of the things that were causing my problems:
- smtp server MUST be specified. the dmxzone interface says you don't need it if using CDO mail, but that's wrong. it gave an error if I didn't specify.
- If I specified a ‘redirect’ page when finished in the insert record behavior, it wouldn't work. That needed to be blank.
- If I remove the redirect from the insert record behavior and ONLY have the redirect specified in the dmxzone upload addon pack interface, then it works fine.
- The other thing I’d done wrong, was that I had accidentally specified the “from” name and “from” email from fields in my recordset (that I was inserting INTO) rather than the form that the user is filling out.

THANKS for your help Miro.
Replied 15 Apr 2015 08:27:44
15 Apr 2015 08:27:44 Hans Kiesouw replied:
Oddly it works fine on our current server (Server 2003), however we are migrating to a new server (Server 2008) and the upload and data storage works fine, but the message is not being sent.

The MUF code section on the page in question is:

StrMsg=Session("strMsgHeader")
email=Session("email")
EmailTo=UploadFormRequest("EmailTo")
frmname=Session("FName")
ToDr=UploadFormRequest("DrName")

Dim MUF_FromName, MUF_FromEmail, MUF_ToName, MUF_ToEmail, MUF_Bcc, MUF_Subject, MUF_Body, MUF_SendHtml, MUF_checkErrors, MUF_deleteFiles, MUF_RedirectURL, MUF_SmtpServer, MUF_MailerType
  MUF_path =  "../mail/"
  MUF_FromName = frmname
  MUF_FromEmail = email
  MUF_ToEmail = "wotworx@hotmail.com"
  MUF_Subject = "Consultation Request"
  MUF_Body = StrMsg
  MUF_SendHtml = false
  MUF_checkErrors = true
  MUF_deleteFiles = false
  MUF_RedirectURL = "mailtks.asp"
  MUF_SmtpServer = "127.0.0.1"
  MUF_MailerType = "CDOSYS"
  MailUploadedFiles pau_thePath, MUF_FromName, MUF_FromEmail, MUF_ToName, MUF_ToEmail, MUF_Bcc, MUF_Subject, MUF_Body, MUF_SendHtml, MUF_checkErrors, MUF_deleteFiles, MUF_RedirectURL, MUF_SmtpServer, MUF_MailerType

Not sure why this is not sending and the host has set things up correctly, as other messaging services (contact form and comment update message) on the server do work fine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as we really do need to migrate to the new server and cannot do this, until our consult service is working 100%.

Thanks
Hans
Replied 14 Jul 2015 07:36:21
14 Jul 2015 07:36:21 Hans Kiesouw replied:
Still waiting to hear about the issue I have with this extension.

It worked fine on our old server (2003) but since migrating to a new server, the upload and email function no longer works and it is an important part of our service. We have users that need to send images to our sponsor doctors to show their current medical condition and this has not been working now for about 2 months.
Replied 26 Aug 2015 04:29:17
26 Aug 2015 04:29:17 Hans Kiesouw replied:
Still waiting and this really is getting frustrating. I pay good money for the features, but no real support in this one.

Reply to this topic