Using ASP.NET List Controls Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Set asp:DropDownList with Array Bind

Asked 08 Mar 2004 18:36:24
has this question
08 Mar 2004 18:36:24 Armanda Turney posted:
The aspropDownList displays System.String & a box.

I have a database with product items.
One of the columns is a string for the choices for this product, as not all choices are the same.
In Classic ASP I could parse this string from the array created from the Database then populate a drop down box.

Trying to duplicate this procedure in asp.net makes the parsed string(ArrayList) unavalialable to datalist that displays rest of inforamtion. If I try to populate the datafiled outsite the datalist I receive system.string. Will not work in asp:repeater either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
A.J.

Replies

Replied 08 Mar 2004 18:59:53
08 Mar 2004 18:59:53 Kevin Marshall replied:
You need to be more specific, what precicly are you trying to do and what precicly is the problem, I am not 100% sure what you are up to.

--
Kevin Marshall
WebXeL.com Ltd
www.webxel.com

ASP.NET Dreamweaver Extensions
www.webxel-dw.co.uk
Replied 08 Mar 2004 21:41:07
08 Mar 2004 21:41:07 Armanda Turney replied:
Kevin,

I will take this from the simplest compnent. What kind of code do I use to show the asp: dropdownlist? When I put a control on the page I get a system.string then a box in the drop down. I could not get it to work in a datalist or repeater. What am I missing?

Thanks,
A-
Replied 09 Mar 2004 00:07:17
09 Mar 2004 00:07:17 Kevin Marshall replied:
Thats even more cryptic than the first question, I need more info such as how you are filling the dropdown, are you filling from an arraylist or DataSet and how does a datalist fit into the picture. its impossible to help with such limited information.

--
Kevin Marshall
WebXeL.com Ltd
www.webxel.com

ASP.NET Dreamweaver Extensions
www.webxel-dw.co.uk

Reply to this topic