ASP/ CSS: Searchable Image Gallery Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Where to start?

Asked 09 Mar 2004 22:34:59
has this question
09 Mar 2004 22:34:59 chris klassen posted:
This seems like the perfect tutorial for me, although I don't know where to start.
I have a site that has a local history section that contains about 10 categories, each containing about 100 images. The images are not in a database (Access) yet, I just have them saved on disk. What should I do? Where do I start?
Thanks

Replies

Replied 10 Mar 2004 09:40:37
10 Mar 2004 09:40:37 Robert Stuttaford replied:
Well, the CSS gallery I wrote will help you once you have all your images in a database. What you'll need to do is create a category table, with a category ID and title, and then add a category ID column to the image table. You then create a category list page which allows the user to select a category, and then pass the selected category ID to the CSS gallery. Update the CSS gallery to filter images based on the category ID received from the category list page. Voila!
Replied 10 Mar 2004 20:17:53
10 Mar 2004 20:17:53 chris klassen replied:
I'm having trouble with setting up the data source for testing purposes. I followed your tutorial instructions to view your database but when it came to viewing it in a browser, that's when things went awry.
I'm on a computer that is on a network that has a server (I have admin rights). Should I just save all the files from the zip in a folder on the server and not do anything locally except editing, or what? My paths are all screwed up I think. Can you help?

Reply to this topic