PHP: Site registration and confirmation with a Validation code Image Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Code archive for your tuts?

Shared 06 May 2004 09:12:00
likes this idea
06 May 2004 09:12:00 Michael Davis posted:
I just sent a note to the site support, but I'd like to request a code archive for these tutorials. On page 13 of this tutorial, there is a section of code that is supposed to be inserted but I'm not absolutely certain where it goes. It is this section: <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>$updateSQL = sprintf("UPDATE users SET user_level=1 WHERE user_hash=%s", GetSQLValueString($_POST['user_hash'], "text"); <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I'm not sure exactly where this goes, and it seems hard to tell in the context because there is already an $updateSQL statement there. Is this just an updated version of the statement that is already there?

Please don't misunderstand... I am greatly enjoying this tutorial and feel that it has been a very helpful (indeed, exciting) learning experience.

Replies

Replied 06 May 2004 09:29:55
06 May 2004 09:29:55 Allan Kent replied:
Hi CHappy,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>$updateSQL = sprintf("UPDATE users SET user_level=1 WHERE user_hash=%s", GetSQLValueString($_POST['user_hash'], "text"); <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

This value of $updateSQL replaces the existing value. In the section of the page that you find this line (highlighted with a yellow background and a black box around it) we are simply repeating the code block given at the top of page 13, but highlighting the changes that you need to make to it.

The way that the styles in the page work are that if I'm showing a piece of code for the first time, or it is a new piece of code, it has a yellow background with a single pixel black border. Code that you have seen before but is being repeated for clarification has a yellow background and now border and code with no background or border is there to provide context for the highlighted code.

Hopefully that hasn't confused you more, I'll try and hunt down the code archive as I know that it exists. if it's not here aat work I'll have it at home.

Allan
Replied 06 May 2004 10:11:36
06 May 2004 10:11:36 Michael Davis replied:
Thanks so very much for your response. I was going mostly off of the pdf that I downloaded and then printed. Unfortunately, I didn't print it in color, so I missed that highlighting detail. I must say that I really enjoyed this tutorial, and definitely plan to use it. Thank you!

PS I do think an actual code archive wold be a nice touch, although, not absolutely necessary.

Reply to this topic