Creating a Web Poll in Flash MX 2004: Pt. 2 Support Product Page

This topic was archived

sendandLoad not finding page

Asked 04 Aug 2005 03:04:08
has this question
04 Aug 2005 03:04:08 Nathan Zoanetti posted:
Hi,

I just downloaded all parts of this great poll tutorial. I am having trouble with the sendandLoad call. It doesn't find my aspx page and so the database/text file/XML file are not updated. I'm new to ASP.NET, and so have no idea if the architecture I am using is OK. I want to make sure that I have at least that bit correct. I have one aspx page in the application that embeds the flash poll, and another aspx page in the same project that holds the update code in the html page. If you could clarify the contents and code locations within the ASP.NET project I would be grateful.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Replies

Replied 04 Aug 2005 03:50:42
04 Aug 2005 03:50:42 Sas Jacobs replied:
Hi Nathan

Thanks for the email. I don't understand what you mean by "another aspx page in the same project that holds the update code in the html page". However, I've run through the setup below in case it helps.

You'll need two pages - one that holds the Flash movie and one that deals with the data. The one holding the Flash movie doesn't need to be an ASP.NET page but the one that deals with the data must be.

You'll have to run your files through the Web server - which will be installed at c:\inetpub\wwwroot by default. Create a new folder - for example poll, within wwwroot for all the files. Then when you test the Flash file in a browser, you can use localhost/poll/filename.html to bring up the Flash movie.

Your sendAndLoad should use localhost/poll/datafilename.aspx as the full path to the ASP.NET file. Replace filename.html and datafilename.aspx with the actual names you're using.

You should also check that you've got the .NET framework installed. You can check this by going to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. You should see it listed there.

I hope that helps. Email again if I didn't answer your question.

Cheers

Sas
Principal
www.aip.net.au
Replied 04 Aug 2005 04:45:49
04 Aug 2005 04:45:49 Nathan Zoanetti replied:
Thanks Sas,

I'm doing everything you said. I think I am just having issues with IIS and I don't yet have another server I can test my work on. Thanks for the quick response.

Ta,
Nathan.

Reply to this topic