Extending the Flash/XML Photo Gallery Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Thank you for the tutorial.

Shared 09 Sep 2005 18:20:17
likes this idea
09 Sep 2005 18:20:17 Fuhrmann E posted:
Thank you for the tutorial.
I would like to learn how to add a second list or combo box whose values are dependent on the first. As well, I would like to a second field to contain more detailed information on each of the pictures. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Replies

Replied 11 Sep 2005 03:25:15
11 Sep 2005 03:25:15 Sas Jacobs replied:
Hi

This is a complicated question and you haven't given me enough information to provide you with code samples. I'll give you some pointers instead.

If you want a second field with more information about the pictures, you'll need to add that into the XML document in some way - as new elements or attributes. Then it will be loaded when you load the XML document and you can refer to it using an appropriate property.

You'd need to set an event listener for the first combo box that carries out some actions that populate the second combo box or list. Your first action will probably be to clear the second combo box or list first.

Without knowing more about exactly what you want to do, I can't be more specific. Let me know how you get on.

Sas

www.sasjacobs.com
Replied 13 Sep 2005 20:18:46
13 Sep 2005 20:18:46 Fuhrmann E replied:
I have a list box or combo box whose values are dependent on the values of the first combo box.

For example, when you click the first combo box and choose the value USA the second combo box or list box is populated with the values of the states. When the value in the second combo box or list box <states> is chosen the corresponding information <picture> and <detail text> is displayed.

USA
California
Washington
Colorado
Nevada

Canada
Alberta
Quebec
British Columbia
Manitoba

Thank You
Gary