Creating a Web Poll in Flash MX 2004: Pt. I Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Not a Programmer

Reported 08 Dec 2005 17:14:14
has this problem
08 Dec 2005 17:14:14 Rudy Francis posted:
I'm not a programmer, but I would like to be able to use polls on my web site. For me, going through the tutorials are just mind numbing and counter-productive. Do you have a package that's geared for non-programmers? You know, something where I would have the ability to change the question and the selections.

I would like to use the polls on my ISP's server and I have no idea on how to create a "server-side file that grabs the content from the database and then writes the contents to the screen in the same format as for the text file". ASP.NET, VB.NET, it's all foreign to me and I've been racking my brains trying to get this running on my site.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Replies

Replied 09 Dec 2005 00:17:44
09 Dec 2005 00:17:44 Sas Jacobs replied:
Hi Rudy

Thanks for the post.

I appreciate that you want to have a plug and play solution but, if you want to record the results of a vote from the poll, you need to have a server-side solution in place. The solution you choose will depend on the server-side technology supported by the ISP. I appreciate that ASP.NET, PHP, Java and ColdFusion are alien to you but you'll need to use one of those approaches if you want to be able to record results from the poll.

Your best bet might be find out what languages your ISP supports and then pay someone to write the server-side pages. That way, you can focus on the Flash work.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Sas

Reply to this topic