Creating a PowerPoint Style Presentation in Flash: Pt. 1 Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Jumping to a Specific Frame Number

Asked 02 Jan 2006 22:31:34
has this question
02 Jan 2006 22:31:34 Peter Brown posted:
I've been trying out "Creating a PowerPoint Style Presentation in Flash: Pt. 1" and have come across a problem. There is a section called "Jumping to a Specific Frame Number" which is not doing what I expected. After inserting the appropriate code, and trying out the Flash movie, I assumed I could type in a page number into the number text box, then press tab or enter and the movie would jump to that page. This didn't happen and when I tried the original completed movie it does not work in this either. Have I misunderstood this function? I have made sure that the text boxes have been set to Input Text.

All the best...Peter brown

Replies

Replied 03 Jan 2006 07:05:04
03 Jan 2006 07:05:04 Sas Jacobs replied:
Hi Peter

Thanks for the post.

You haven't misunderstood the function of the text box in this tutorial. However, when I download the resources and try the completed movie, it works as anticipated. I'm able to enter a number in the first input box, press the tab key and the movie jumps to that frame.

Are you using an old version of Flash? The downloaded movie works for me in both Flash MX 2004 and Flash 8.

Cheers

Sas
Replied 03 Jan 2006 12:39:29
03 Jan 2006 12:39:29 Peter Brown replied:
Dear Sas
Thanks for your reply. I realised that I had being trying this in the HTML preview of the movie, rather than the Flash preview. The feature works fine in the Flash preview.
Mnay thenks...Peter

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've been trying out "Creating a PowerPoint Style Presentation in Flash: Pt. 1" and have come across a problem. There is a section called "Jumping to a Specific Frame Number" which is not doing what I expected. After inserting the appropriate code, and trying out the Flash movie, I assumed I could type in a page number into the number text box, then press tab or enter and the movie would jump to that page. This didn't happen and when I tried the original completed movie it does not work in this either. Have I misunderstood this function? I have made sure that the text boxes have been set to Input Text.

All the best...Peter brown
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Reply to this topic