Pure ASP Upload 3 Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Image file size check error message on web page

Reported 09 Nov 2006 16:43:45
has this problem
09 Nov 2006 16:43:45 Carl Grint posted:
So far I have never managed to use v3 as it keeps giving this error or that.

Finally I have managed to make it work with a project to find that with the Image Width and Height checking turned on, it does not give a nice pop up message but goes to a near blank web page with the reporting error...this happens in IE and Firefox.

I got use to v2 not checking the image size in Firefox only in IE, but this is worse, as I can not use the image size checker, as the average user is just going to be complete confused and I am guessing not know what to do.

Any chance any one else has seen this..? is there a work around..?

Back to v2 again, until an answer comes through, truely I feel the last few extensions where a waste of money, no more upgrading from now on either, I just can't see the benefit, which is a shame as Pure Upload v2 was a life saver, but v3 is a dog, and with the mess the HTML edit 2 is, never again.

Hoping to hear from someone.

Web Development Consultant
providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranet/Extranet and a wide range of Web applications.

Details can be viewed at www.cgw3.co.uk

Replies

Replied 09 Nov 2006 16:58:37
09 Nov 2006 16:58:37 J P replied:
I'm disgruntled too. Do you know if I can upload imageWidth and imageHeight whilst uploading photo using v3
Replied 09 Nov 2006 17:06:48
09 Nov 2006 17:06:48 Carl Grint replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I'm disgruntled too. Do you know if I can upload imageWidth and imageHeight whilst uploading photo using v3
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

You are meant to be able to .... I was able to do it in v2, but only in IE, not in Firefox.
You have to add in hidden fields if I remember correctly.

There is a tutorial
www.dmxzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=2&NewsId=12067&LinkFile=insert_record_width.htm

Web Development Consultant
providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranet/Extranet and a wide range of Web applications.

Details can be viewed at www.cgw3.co.uk

Reply to this topic