Creating a Photo Gallery with Flash and XML: Pt.II Support Product Page

This topic was archived

photogallery

Asked 19 Nov 2007 16:51:40
has this question
19 Nov 2007 16:51:40 roger hamilton posted:
yes your photo gallery doesn't explain much, most photogalleries i 'have seen are done by using the arrows or buttons goign from next an prev.

what i need is a tutorial that instead of using the next an prev buttons to advance to next picture what i need is tutorial that allows me to give the complete list of image names in a list box where xml file loads the <Title Names> and when a user clicks on any of the title names the image appears in the image window as you can see in my html site.

rojere.com/dvd/dvd-frame.html

i want to have a list of image names that i store in the xml file an then link the <url> image to display in the image window

does your tutorials cover the list box or just the buttons?

if so then i wont be interested in purchasing these tutorials of urs but if you can accomadate the list box for me i would be forever greatful

roger

Replies

Replied 24 Nov 2007 03:07:46
24 Nov 2007 03:07:46 Sas Jacobs replied:
Hi Roger

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your post. What explanation is missing from the tutorial?

In this article, the section called Categorising your Photos shows how to load categories into a ComboBox. You could use the same approach to load the image names into a List Box. When the value in the List Box changes, you could then load the image using the same approach as in the tutorial.

I'm sure you can appreciate that this is a general tutorial, showing one approach to solving a common problem. I'm not able to customise the tutorial for everyone as I just don't have enough hours in the day to carry out unpaid work.

Cheers and good luck with your project!

Sas

Reply to this topic