Pure ASP Upload 3 Manual
All you need to know about Pure ASP Upload 3
Advanced: Uploading Large Files on IIS7 (Windows Vista/Windows 2008)
In this article we will show you how to upload large files on IIS7 (Windows Vista/Windows 2008). In order to be able to upload large files you need to change a special option in IIS called maxAllowedContentLength to allow uploading larger files.
How to do it
- Click Start. In the Start Search box, type Notepad.
Right-click Notepad, and then click Run as administrator.
*Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- On the File menu, click Open. In the File name box, type %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationhost.config,
and then click Open.
- In the ApplicationHost.config file, locate the <requestLimits> node.
- Remove the maxAllowedContentLength property. Or, add a value that matches the size of the Content-Length header that the client sends as part of the request. By default, the value of the maxAllowedContentLength property is 30000000.
For example, modify the following configuration data inside
the <requestFiltering> section.
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength ="<length>" />
- Save the ApplicationHost.config file.
For more information see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942074/
More info about content filtering in IIS:
Lubov has been with DMXzone for 8 years now, contributing to the Content and Sales departments. She is bringing high quality content in the form of daily blog updates, reviews, tutorials, news, newsletters,update emails and extensions' manuals. If you have a product that needs publicity or any other questions about the entire DMXzone community, she is the one you can contact.