In the video below Joseph Lowery, a renowned Dreamweaver guru and writer of the famous Dreamweaver Bibles books, will introduce you to the Next Generation Visual Server Side Programming with the new DMXzone Server Connect.
Next generation server side visual programming
Imagine full visual programming without any coding. It is now possible with the next generation server side framework for Adobe Dreamweaver: the DMXzone Server Connect. It will provide you with a full visual workflow builder for server side workflows and many ready to go server actions at your disposal.Use DMXzone Server Connect as a ground base for our other server side components and extend its functionality even further!
Powerful Extendable Framework
A ground base for additional components such as Database Connector, Updater, File Upload, Validator and more.
Ajax Driven Sites and Apps
Build Next Generation ajax driven sites and single page apps for optimal UX.
All Visually, Without Coding
Work with a visual builder that generates all the code for you.
A Clear Workflow of Your Business Logic
Choose your actions, their order and data to use for your workflow.
No More Server Behaviors
Replace the old deprecated Server Behaviors with new age dynamic technology.
Works On Any Server
Built-in server models for ASP and PHP, so it runs on any web server available.
Server Connect Features Overview
New Ajax driven workflow for the ultimate UX
This new approach to building dynamic client side pages and single page apps is only possible with the most powerful DMXzone Server Connect and its additional components. Connect to various data sources, such as public feeds or private databases, structure your server actions in the Server Connect action builder and the desired workflow, containing your server actions, will be executed via Ajax on any page you choose to activate it on.
Visually combine and define actions workflow
DMXzone Server Connect contains ready to go server actions, extendable with other DMXzone extensions. Its Action Builder offers a visual way of building server actions workflow. Add any available action in a specific order, loop through them, add conditional execution and produce output.
Powerful Additions to the Server Connect
Empower the strengths of additional available components
Advanced Database connectivity and management
Connect to any well-known database with DMXzone Database Connector and do many advanced actions, fully visually, without coding. With DMXzone Database Updater you can insert, delete and update records with ease and even submit, save and reload your data without any page refresh.
Real-time data population and rich client side data rendering
Use Server Connect to fetch your rich data and then dynamically populate it onto your page directly or on demand with HTML5 Data Bindings. All the client side data can be easily browsed by the dedicated HTML5 Data Bindings floating panel. All used Server Connect Action Executors are also listed there.
Extensible input and form validation
Together with the HTML5 Form Validator you can apply extensive input and form validation rules. An iron strong server side validation is automatically done with the tight integration with DMXzone Server Connect. So there is no escape even if people bypass the browser client side validation, data on the server is always validated!
File upload management
Do you want to be able to upload files to your server? The HTML5 File Upload offers advanced file upload through Ajax, multiple file upload, storing file info and client side image preview. It also allows you to upload single or multiple files. This functionality can be easily added from DMXzone Server Connect's steps.
Advanced Security Features for data access users login
Apply advanced security restrictions to your website or web app with DMXzone Security Provider via the DMXzone Server Connect actions panel. Decide who has access to what resources and choose from single static logins to validate users from an existing database, having different access levels and rights.
Create dynamic galleries and data sources
Using DMXzone File System Connector you can list any folder with contents from your server to your page and use the content for your galleries or sliders.
Full Feature List
Insert, update, delete records meet DMXzone Database Updater
User authentication replaced by DMXzone Sercurity Provider
From the server to the client with DMXzone extensions
A more detailed overview of the features
- Improved error checking for actions inspect
- Added support for Bootstrap 4 Dynamic Form Generator
- Improved Server Connect drop downs in inspectors
- Cleared up more old dependencies of the HTML5 Data Bindings - DMXzone App Connect is the way to go!
- Replace HTML5 Form Validator checks with App COnnect Form Validator
- Solve PHP array output problem
- Compatibility updates for the update Security Provider
- Improved App Connect compatibility with the latest update
- Improved PHP parser
- Support for the new Medium Editor Image Upload Add-on
- Improvements in UI and Data Pickers structures
- Improvements in styling and specially the dark theme
- Fixed Server Connect actions returning single value for App Connect
- Support for Multi Record updates with the latest DMXzone database Updater
- Greatly improved code pages support for PHP on Windows for localized file systems
- Improved data scheme for server connect actions from a different DW site definition
- Added auto submit property for Server Connect Forms
- Improved App Connect integration and specially the Input Parameters for Server Connect Actions
- ASP.NET improvements for HTML5 File Upload extension with multiple files upload
- Improved dropdown and multi selection controls working as well their dark theme styling
- Improved App Connect integration and specially the Input Parameters for Server Connect Actions
- Fixed no data bindings for server actions when a module like connection is missing
- Full Support for App Connect Form Validator as client side validation engine
- Performance and stability improvements
- fixed data bindings picker after direct insert on the Server Connect in App Connect
- fixed DW bug with multiple Server Connect data schema's on Mac
- Improved Server Data Bindings picker dialog for better variable names escape and handling of global variables
- Added more closer integration with DMXzone Extension Manager
- Improved the Server Connect Load action in DMXzone App Connect to include any input url params for the server connect action.
- Integration with App Connect State Manager - now you can choose for a State Manager that will cache the Server Connect data for a specified period of time.
- Server Connect Load Action now also have a Reload parameter to load fresh data when using caching
- Removed method option from Server Connect as it is always get method
- ASP: fix physical path check for network drives
- PHP: wrong cookie expires date string
- Support for the Bootstrap 3 Generators
- Added Server Connect Form reset action
- Added Server Connect static events for DMXzone App Connect with the Behavior Connector picker
- Fixed URL setting when selecting Server Connect actions from a remote site in DMXzone App Connect
- Great speed improvements in the Server Connect panel loading
- Improved entering of global input variables in server connect action
- Fixed weird panel resizing on the Mac - was going at the opposite direction.
- Improved dark theme for Dreamweaver 2017 - panel resizers are better visible now
- Fixed load action for DMXzone App Connect
- Full integration with the new DMXzone App Connect
- Improved Dreamweaver CC 2017 dark theme rendering
- Added support for the latest Security Provider 1.9.0 with Basic Browser Authentication
- New with open in browser icon included for quickly opening the action files for testing a web browser
- Updated listing of all possible server actions
- Improved conditionals in ASP.NET
- Improved source code formatting and detection of Server Actions in Dreamweaver CC 2017
- Improved help texts on the Server Action Behavior Connect actions
- Improved Server Action Executor with Server Action from a different Dreamweaver site definition (remote URLs)
- Fixed Data Bindings output for DMXzone Mailer send mail actions
- Fixed rare case where Server Action Executors that can not be edited
- Improved Global variables escaping when their names contain spaces or other characters not valid for variables
- Improved validation messages
- Full compatibility with the new Dreamweaver CC 2017 dark theme
- Greatly improved for Dreamweaver CS6
- Fixed returning response status in PHP
- Optimized the speed of generation of the output
- Fixed issues with DMXzone reCAPTCHA 2
- Now new global constants are available for working with the current date and time: NOW, NOW_UTC and TIMESTAMP
- Now fully compatible with the new DMXzone Server Data Formatter
- Smarter expressions picker - now it picks the expression based on the text selection with the field
- Improved file copy and syncing of related files on page open
- Now with full ASP.NET support for DMXzone Server Connect.
- Improved updates of Server Connect related files. Now when you open a page using Server Action Executor all related Server Connect files are copied and updated automatically to your site.
- Support for dark themes in the upcoming Dreamweaver
- Improved storing Global Server Connect site options
- Improved content editing in the DMXzone Mailer
- Repeat Regions output fields - now show only the not used
- Added support for DMXzone Data Exporter and DMXzone Data Importer
- Added support for the updated HTML5 Form Validator and its new Unicode Add-on
- Now all Connect Data Bindings Pickers insert their code within the text field selection! Also on inspect, when the cursor is inside an expression, only this expression is replaced
- Support for nested arrays as input
- Added support for multi file selection fields used by the DMXzone Zip Processor
- Improved compatibility with the new DMXzone Mailer
- Added compatibility with the upcoming DMXzone Zip Processor
- Full compatibility with DMXzone Image Processor
- New content edit dialogs for usage with the upcoming DMXzone Mailer extension
- Added compatibility with the new Bootstrap 3 Dynamic Form Generator extension, so that forms can be build directly based on Server Actions inputs. Now you can make first an insert or update database action and just then just generate nice looking Bootstrap 3 Form from it!
- Improved input parameters conversion and integration with HTML5 Form Validator
- New global options "Site Secret Key" for usage with components requiring internal site security checks like the upcoming DMXzone Image Processor
- New checks for site global settings that are required for some extensions, like site Secret Key for the upcoming DMXzone Image Processor
- Fixed data picker for nested steps like with t DMXzone File System Connector if exists step
- Copy extra "bin" folder for ASP server components
- ASP.NET server model in Dreamweaver is not supported, so switch those to ASP model for DMXzone Server Connect
- Fixed Core Response action
- Other minor bugs and improvements
- Added full support of the new DMXzone File System Connector
- Improved the Server Data Picker dialog to include formatting icon for the upcoming DMXzone Server Data Formatter extension
- Fixed meta data for single file uploads. Now you can switch between single and multiple upload and the data should reflect it in the picker. For multiple upload you will need to make a repeater first.
- Improved file upload
- Improved PHP 5.3 compatibility
- Improved server data picker for nested data structures
- Improved file properties for uploaded fields with HTML5 File Upload
- Fixed HTML5 Form Validation when running on CGI/FastCgi
- Improved server data picker
- Fixed displaying upload fields as extra data fields in server action executor
- Fixed other minor bugs in PHP modules
- Improved UI for the latest Dreamweaver CC 2015.2
- Improved cooperation with the new HTML5 Form Validator
- Added support for the upcoming DMXzone reCAPTCHA 2
- Improved error handling for HTML5 File Upload
- Fixed working of global debug flag in ASP To apply the changes in DMXzone Server Connect, just open a server action and save it.
- New error container option in Server Action Executor for displaying generic form validation or submission errors
- New Behavior events for Server Action Executor:
- onDataValidateError - fired when specific server action data validation fails. The special lastError.response data bindings can be used to display the error text
- onFormValidationError - fired when any form validation failsNote: the generic onValidationError is always fired when validation error occurs
- Improved validation error formatting when called with onValidationError with Behavior Connector
- Fixed the "Export Validations to Form" button for the HTML5 Form Validator extension
- New Server Actions Manager dialog! So now Server Actions can be edited and selected directly from the Server Action Executor dialog.
- Full compatibility with the latest HTML5 Data Bindings 1.9.0. Now, Server Action Executors output can be used as data source
- Added Set and Remove Session Variables actions
- Full Support for the upcoming HTML5 Form Validator
- Improved form fields syncing for fields with multiple values/arrays
- Improved form multiple records submitting in ASP
Actions Management improvements
- Responsive layout for the Server Connect panel - now when resized to be wider - the server actions list come to left
- Actions have a default unique names
- Server connect context menu are grouped together and shown as cascading menus so that more actions can be visible and there is a better organization.
- Support for syncing of form validation for the new, upcoming HTML5 Form Validator
- Improved UI and toolbar icons
- Improved saving of linked modules and action file
- Server model choice is now saved per site and retained through all the server components and action steps
- All files are now filtered by server model so you see only the server actions/connections for the selected model
- Database queries now have default connection the last above
- Output is selected as default on database queries, updates and on repeat region
- Security provider generates a random hash as default
Server Action Executor improvements
- New Server Action Executor can be used as Data Source on its own
- New auto refresh options per input field! Now you can auto refresh the dataset when one of its input fields changes value!
- New options for auto running Server Action Executors on DOM Ready, Page Load and/or Form Submit
- Method can be defined GET or POST
- Custom paging can be done together with the Paged Query action of the DMXzone Database Connector
- Improvement with the updated DMXzone Security Provider quick validation support
- Improved automatic file synchronization
- Improved styling of the inspectors of the DMXzone Server Connect
- Improve form field synchronization to work also with input fields with id but no name
- Various bug fixes and improvements in the core DMXzone Server Connect framework
- Improved files update process
- Improved data bindings expressions usage for folder paths used in HTML5 File Upload
- Improved Dreamweaver CS6 compatibility
- Full compatibility with HTML5 File Upload
George Petrov is a renowned software writer and developer whose extensive skills brought numerous extensions, articles and knowledge to the DMXzone- the online community for professional Adobe Dreamweaver users. His expertise in countless languages and technologies gives inspiration and teach valuable lessons on his website – DMXzone.com which is most popular for its over high-quality Dreamweaver extensions and templates.
You must me logged in to write a review.