I recently purchased this extension as on paper it looked like it would provide me with the tools neccesary to export data from a mySQL database.
I am having major issues with it though. The interface to the extension appears to be just a skin, because it appears that no matter what you tell it to do it just doesnt listen!
Initially I selected CSV as my export option, and I selected around 12 fields from my recordset to export and set the sort order. The export that actually takes place ignores all my customisation and just dumps the entire recordset to a CSV file.
I then tried my look with the XLS version. This is a little better in that it does export what I want but the order of the fields isnt as I set it in the extensions GUI.
Help! I need this fixing. I have put faith in this product and its let me down. If this isn't resovled very soon I will be letting my customer down - something I am not prepared to let happen.
Just to bring some life back into this one as I can see that there have been no attempts to address this severe bug by DMXZone.
It still doesn't work, on either CSV or XLS. The order of the fields is ALWAYS the order of the fields in the recordset. I can manually reorder the fields in the SELECT statement and that works, but the extension doesnt.
I need this to work. If it doesn't work I will need a refund.
As a pre-warning to anyone who might be interested in buying this extension - be careful. It does export data, but it doesn't provide the features it says it does.
Today we released a new update containing CSV fixes as well totally rewritten Excel export. We are producing fully binary excel files now that offers the greatest compatibility with all Microsoft Office and Open Office Versions.
This was a huge new module - so it took a while to develop and test. Still the update is for free,