Universal CSS Navigation Menu Support Product Page

Not a problem

Newly installed - IE won't display properly

Reported 20 Dec 2011 18:51:14
have this problem
20 Dec 2011 18:51:14 Andrew Rose posted:
Not sure what's going on here:


Having spent a long time setting up our site to work with this, and testing it all in Firefox as I went, I find everything works just fine in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, but it's a disaster in IE9 & IE8 (don't have 7 but it looks OK in 6).

The menu is a basic horizontal using your Dark Blue design, which I've not interfered with. The extension was bought and installed yesterday on Dreamweaver CS5.5 and is up to date.

Navigation is entirely impossible on Internet Explorer - the menu headings are rendered vertically and the drop-down thus semi-obscures the menus beneath. What was supposed to be an update to our site to make it more navigable has rendered it unusable to a large number of our users.

Any ideas as to how this might be resolved would be urgently welcomed.

Official Solution

Replied 20 Dec 2011 22:18:00

It is a bug in your code. You do not have an editable region named "head".


Replied 20 Dec 2011 19:14:53
20 Dec 2011 19:14:53 Andrew Rose replied:
Panic over - I discovered that a chunk of link rel and script type code was being dropped into the documents ABOVE the <html> and <head> tags. IE doesn't appear to like this where others don't seem to mind. By manually editing my templates to place it in the right place everything seems to be working.

Is this a Dreamweaver bug or a DMXZone bug?
Replied 20 Dec 2011 22:18:00
20 Dec 2011 22:18:00 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:

It is a bug in your code. You do not have an editable region named "head".
Replied 21 Dec 2011 00:06:11
21 Dec 2011 00:06:11 Andrew Rose replied:
That's how Dreamweaver made the template...
Replied 21 Dec 2011 09:16:28
21 Dec 2011 09:16:28 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
What is the DW version you are using?
Replied 14 Aug 2012 21:41:16
14 Aug 2012 21:41:16 Nick Dowling replied:
I am having this issue as well with IE 9 and tried moving the "<link rel" content below the <head> tag but it didn't fix it.

Im using DW CS4.

Thank you

This reply was removed on 8/22/2012 12:14:51 AM.
See the changelog
Replied 22 Aug 2012 00:17:06
22 Aug 2012 00:17:06 Nick Dowling replied:
After tons of googling, I found a solution that worked for me. So if anyone stumbles across this thread...try these steps:

In DW with your html page open, go to: "Modify > Page Properties" click on "Title/Encoding" then in the drop down for "Document Type DTD" select "XHTML 1.0 Transitional". This fixed my site in IE and now the drop down menu bar functions properly in all web browsers.

Reply to this topic