Pure ASP Upload 3 Support Product Page

Mixing PAU and Form Validation

Reported 02 Oct 2008 16:11:57
has this problem
02 Oct 2008 16:11:57 Dan Stevens posted:
I use WebAssist's Form Validation Toolkit within our form pages: www.webassist.com/professional/products/productdetails.asp?PID=33. Apparently this doesn't mix well with PAU - especially when using the progress bars. When something doesn't validate in the form (and I click 'OK' in the popup window that defines what needs to be fixed), the form continues to process and proceeds to the next page (or error page). Obviously, it's the <%=pau.submitCode()%> code within the onSubmit statement that is causing this. I've tried moving this to the front, end and even just before the MM_returnValue statement. When it's moved to the front of the onSubmit statement, the progress window displays regardless.

Here's the form onsubmit actions:
onSubmit="WAValidateRQ(document.form1.headline,'headline required.',document.form1.headline,0,false,'text');WAAlertErrors('','',true,false);return document.MM_returnValue">

I'm therefore left with no choice but to eliminate the <%=pau.submitCode()%> code and therefore have no progress window. Any thoughts?

Replies

Replied 03 Oct 2008 12:00:16
03 Oct 2008 12:00:16 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Dan,

So far the only way to have PAU act as intended to is by placing it's behavior on top of the others assigned to the form tag. We are not able to support all 3rd party extension, but we are supporting the DW ones, so if others are supporting them as well they will be compatible with our extensions.

Regards,

M.Zografski

-----------------------------------
DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 04 Oct 2008 06:13:47
04 Oct 2008 06:13:47 Dan Stevens replied:
When I place "<%=pau.submitCode()%>" as the first onSubmit action, the progress window displays regardless if a validation error occurs within one of the form fields. While it allows me to correct it and resubmit successfully, it's a usability issue since the progress windows requires you to manually close it. Is there anyway to prevent the progress window from displaying until ALL validation has successfully taken place?

Replied 06 Oct 2008 09:52:38
06 Oct 2008 09:52:38 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Dan,

Maybe there is, but it will require additional coding, which, unfortunately, we cannot provide. One way to do it is to have a function that monitors the validation process and if all fields are validated submits the upload, or the hole form. As I said we cannot provide the code due to we are not familiar with the WA Form validator.

Regards,

M.Zografski

DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 02 Mar 2011 20:20:04
02 Mar 2011 20:20:04 David Stoltz replied:
This also happens with the built in dreamweaver "check form" validation function too...

It's not just WebAssist code...

Doesn't seem to be a good way to incorporate Pure ASP upload with other validation that needs to occur before the upload, and before the progress window.

;-(

Reply to this topic