Sliding Billboard Support Product Page

Solved

Sliding Billboard Extension Breaking DW Spry Tabs in Design View

Reported 05 Jan 2010 13:53:58
has this problem
05 Jan 2010 13:53:58 Kevin Morris posted:
I am using DW CS4 on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.2. In an earlier post I had issues with the Behavior Connector not functioning properly (www.dmxzone.com/forum/topic/48022/). The end result was due to the XML Flash Slideshow Creator version 3 by N G Rohler at DWUser causing the javaScript and BC errors in DW. I removed the plug-in, deleted the DW cache, which then solved the problem.

However, I was having issues with my DW Spry tabs in Design view. They would not display properly with all of the elements showing and not being able to toggle each tab for its content. Over my vacation, I wiped my HD clean and reinstalled Snow Leopard. I then reinstalled all of my applications; nothing was transferred from my "older" system and application configurations. Everything was a new clean installation.

Once I installed my CS4 suite, I fired up DW and my Spry tabs displayed properly in Design view. No extensions were installed.

I then installed the Flash MP3 Player, restarted DW, finalized the install wizard, restarted DW - confirmed that the MP3 player was working - tried the Control Flash MP3 Behavior - confirmed it was working. I also tried the Behavior Connector from the MP3 Player and confirmed it was working. At this time, my Spry tabs were displayed properly.

I then installed DMXzone Lightbox, followed by the above steps. At this time, my Spry tabs were displayed properly in design view.

I then installed the Sliding Billboard - restarted DW, finalized the install wizard, restarted DW - confirmed that SBB was working, confirmed that the mp3 player was working, and confirmed that the Lightbox was working. - I also confirmed that the Control Lightbox Behavior and the Behavior Connector from the Sliding Billboard were all working.

Once I installed the SBB, my Spry tabs no longer displayed properly in design view. No other extensions other than yours noted above were installed and DW/CS4 Suite were newly installed. Also the Spry Accordion does not display properly in design view.

Once I delete the SBB and restart DW with a new configuration folder, my problem is solved. Hence I can only install the MP3 Player and LightBox without messing with the DW Spry tabs in design view.

I really enjoy using the SBB, but I do not like that the Spry tabs are messed up. I hope that there is a fix to this issue as I would like to continue using the SBB.
Edited by - Kevin Morris on 05 Jan 2010  16:14:33

Replies

Replied 06 Jan 2010 10:54:25
06 Jan 2010 10:54:25 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Kevin,

I'll issue investigation on that matter. Will inform you on any progress.

Regards,
Replied 06 Jan 2010 11:17:57
06 Jan 2010 11:17:57 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Kevin,

Are SBB and Spry Tabbed Panels on same page?
If so check that Spry Tabs includes in head (
<script src="SpryAssets/SpryTabbedPanels.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link href="SpryAssets/SpryTabbedPanels.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

)
... are after the SBB includes.
Check then if the Spry Tabs is still broken.

Regards,
Replied 06 Jan 2010 12:04:07
06 Jan 2010 12:04:07 Kevin Morris replied:
Miroslav,

The issue is not in the actual displaying of elements on the web; everything displays/functions properly. The issue is within DW in design view. When SBB is installed, any Spry elements (I am using tabbed panels and accordion) do not display properly in design view. This applies to even pages that do not have a SBB.
Replied 06 Jan 2010 12:51:30
06 Jan 2010 12:51:30 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Kev,

Yea, I acknowledged that it is about the design view.
I will continue on investigation.

Regards,
Replied 07 Jan 2010 16:56:05
07 Jan 2010 16:56:05 Kevin Morris replied:
Just to add: when in design view and the Spry tabbed panels are not displaying properly, as soon as I edit any element on the .htm document and save, the Spry elements then appear properly in design view.

The end result is what counts out on the server, which functions properly. Even though I often work in split screen mode (half code, half design view), it would be nice that the Spry elements would display properly. Before installing the SBB, everything works great. Once I install the SBB, then even pages without a SBB but with a Spry element does not appear properly in design view (e.g., the tabbed panel is broken; does not switch/open). When I uninstall the SBB application and clear the cache, everything works fine.
Replied 20 Jan 2010 16:02:37
20 Jan 2010 16:02:37 Kevin Morris replied:
Is there any update to this issue; has it be verified that this issue exists on your platforms? I have done multiple variations of uninstalling/reinstalling of my DMXZone plug-ins (MP3 Player, Lightbox, Sliding Billboard) and still come to the conclusion that the problem is with the SBB.

As stated before, I performed a clean install of Snow Leopard followed by CS4. No other DW plug-ins were installed other than yours.

I look forward to an update to this issue.
Replied 23 Jan 2010 13:15:38
23 Jan 2010 13:15:38 Kevin Morris replied:
Sorry, but there still is no acknowledgement/update to this issue. Is anyone working on this or reading this post?

Thanks!
Replied 23 Jan 2010 16:22:28
23 Jan 2010 16:22:28 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

We are preparing an update for the Sliding Billboard for the next week.

Do you have a live url or can you send me your files - so I can check if the problems have being fixed?

It works on my site well anyway.

You can mail me at

Greetings,
George
Replied 23 Jan 2010 17:26:34
23 Jan 2010 17:26:34 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

Thanks for the reply!. As noted above, the issue with the SBB does not involve the final output on the websites (e.g., www.kais-dso.eu.dodea.edu/), rather it has to do with working in DW. It seems that without the extension installed, the Spry elements appear/function as they should in design mode. I have the MP3 Player and LightBox extensions installed without issues. Once I install the SBB, then the Spry elements are broken--no longer functioning as they should in design mode.

As noted above, I did a clean install of Snow Leopard and a clean install of CS4, so I am certain that it does not have anything to do with DW itself. Please refer to the above posts.

Even though the SBB displays properly on the web and I often work in either straight code or in either code/design mode in DW, it is a irritation that with SBB installed, any Spry elements are broken in design mode. This also happens even on webpages that do not have any SBB applied but there are Spry elements.
Replied 23 Jan 2010 23:33:49
23 Jan 2010 23:33:49 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

Normally this shouldn't be an issue even in design mode - could you just to make sure use the version of Sliding Billboard I'm sending you?
It is a beta of the next update that we will release on Wednesday.

It works all well on my Mac with Spry and stuff

Greetings,
George
Replied 24 Jan 2010 14:54:51
24 Jan 2010 14:54:51 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

The issue still exists with the 103 beta version. More information per e-mail.
Replied 29 Jan 2010 15:12:53
29 Jan 2010 15:12:53 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

I sent you an e-mail with screen captures a few days ago before the latest 103 release. Should I send it again?
Replied 29 Jan 2010 22:36:11
29 Jan 2010 22:36:11 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

This should be fixed in the latest update.

Could you install the latest one, and fully remove the previous one first.

If you still have problems - send me the file giving problems as well again screen captures.

Thanks,
George
Replied 31 Jan 2010 15:01:53
31 Jan 2010 15:01:53 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

The same issues exist with the latest update. More information per e-mail.
Replied 06 Feb 2010 12:58:33
06 Feb 2010 12:58:33 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

I resent my last e-mail; still waiting for your reply.

Thanks!
Replied 23 Jan 2012 13:25:17
23 Jan 2012 13:25:17 Lubov Cholakova replied:
Solved via e-mail.

Reply to this topic