Advanced HTML Editor 3 Support Product Page

Answered

Advanced HTML editor 3

Asked 22 Nov 2011 01:14:29
have this question
22 Nov 2011 01:14:29 mark scharf posted:
I'm sorry, but I'm just a lowly artist, and don't get the code thing! I just purchased Advanced HTML editor 3 but for the life of me I can't figure out how this works????? I just want to have one simple iframe on one of my clients pages that they can log in to and edit themselves, just update the text and possibly ad photos, None of the tutorials explain how to make this thing work. I inserted into a page, but everyone can see the editor???? What good does that do? HELP ME!!!! When I type info into the editor and save and close all I get is code not my test and it's in a white box, not the format that I set up? What gives? I know sound stupid to you code geeks, but can you help an artist out? I have seen this product available for years, but was afraid to purchase it for this very reason, it does not explain how it works!!!! OK I get it its an html editor, with lots of features, but how do you get it to save the live file for the world to see?????? You know just like when you are done building your page in Dreamweaver you upload your page to the web, not your dreamweaver page but what you want the world to see! What gives? Can anyone explain how this works in a simple manner???

This is all I want to be able to do: I have one iframe scrollable window that I want my client to be able to log in to the control pannel, edit the text, maybe ad a photo and save the file and be done with the LIVE page updated. Simple! Isn't that what this program is supposed to do?

Replies

Replied 22 Nov 2011 09:24:50
22 Nov 2011 09:24:50 Vulcho Vulev replied:
Hello Mark Sharf.

Please read the user manual of the extension:
Advanced HTML Editor 3 Manual

Check also our video tutorials:
Advanced HTML Editor 3 video tutorials

They are very useful and user friendly.

Regards: V.Vulev
Replied 09 Feb 2012 11:02:16
09 Feb 2012 11:02:16 Howard Hill replied:
I agree completely with Mark.

This DW Extension does not do what he wants (i.e. allow a user to edit the contents of a web page).

The problem is that he needs the Online Page Editor Add-on

I don't think Advanced HTML Editor 3 actually does anything useful without an add-on.

The videos and manuals may be very user friendly (as you claim), but they don't include this information.

Thanks
Howard
Replied 10 Feb 2012 15:14:02
10 Feb 2012 15:14:02 Howard Hill replied:
Hi Vulcho

Can you tell me how to use the Advanced HTML Editor 3 for editing the text of a website without using the Online Page Editor Add-on?

If this is not possible, and I'm pretty sure its not possible, then I'd like to have a refund on my purchase. The software doesn't function stand-alone.

I don't want to solve the problem by simply buying Online Page Editor Add-on, because looking at that, it needs a file uploader to have that functionality. Too many extras are need to make it fit for purpose.

Thanks
Howard
Replied 11 Feb 2012 09:38:41
11 Feb 2012 09:38:41 Howard Hill replied:
Hi DMXZone support

This is a request for a refund on my recent purchase of Adanced HTML Editor 3. See above.

Regards
Howard
Replied 25 May 2012 18:58:45
25 May 2012 18:58:45 Helene Abrams replied:
I would like a refund too i can not work this thing. And have the same problem as Howard
Replied 28 May 2012 08:15:14
28 May 2012 08:15:14 Vulcho Vulev replied:
Hello .

Here is our Refund Policy: www.dmxzone.com/index?70

Regards: Vulcho.
Replied 25 Jun 2012 23:46:44
25 Jun 2012 23:46:44 Jon Upton replied:
'erm Mark, Howard and Helene - this product is a doddle to get working you just assign it to a text area in your back end edit form and save that text area using insert/update record to a memo field or equivalent in your database and then display the memo field on your front end page.
Replied 29 Jun 2012 08:59:15
29 Jun 2012 08:59:15 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Howard, Helene

Please read the following article: www.dmxzone.com/go?19807
Replied 23 Aug 2013 19:01:03
23 Aug 2013 19:01:03 Dan Feather replied:
I came here looking for help in getting this extension to work, and I am not very encouraged. First, this topic has an "Answered" banner at the top, but I would argue that, in fact, is has NOT been answered. Despite user Jon Upton's assertion that it's easy, I have found it is anything BUT. And I DID read the manual, and viewed the video at least a few times, and find there are numerous places where critical information is missing.

I would enumerate them here, but I need to know one BIG thing first: is it true that this extension will not work without the Online Page Editor extension? (If so, this is a clear case of misleading marketing, since there was never any mention of that in the requirements. I do see that the Online Page Editor lists THIS extension as a requirement, but not the reverse.)

Please let me know if my attempts to use this will be futile without the other extension.
Replied 23 Aug 2013 20:08:32
23 Aug 2013 20:08:32 Jon Upton replied:
You do not need the online page editor extension to use this editor. I do not know which video you have watched but his one shows you how to insert the editor on your page www.youtube.com/embed/q47u84kZlO4?hd=1 and this one how to link it to Insert Record Behaviour www.youtube.com/embed/4LaPddbukO8?hd=1 and this one with update record behaviour www.youtube.com/embed/efnkYueCBVo?hd=1.

A reply in under an hour

It would help if you filled out your Bio on this forum. It would be nice to know where in the world you are. Also it helps if you say what version of software you are using ie Dreamweaver CS6 on Windows 8.
Replied 23 Aug 2013 23:34:53
23 Aug 2013 23:34:53 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Dan,

Advanced HTML Editor 3 DOES NOT require Online Page Editor Add-on.
Advanced HTML Editor 3 is an HTML EDITOR that you can use in your custom built CMS so you can format text before adding/changing a database record.

Online Page Editor Add-on REQUIRES Advanced HTML Editor - using it you can directly edit and save the content of a static HTML Page.

Please be a little more detailed describing the problems you are having using the editor. Please also describe which exact parts are missing from the extremely detailed user's manual / video tutorials.
Replied 23 May 2014 02:07:24
23 May 2014 02:07:24 Xiaodong Li replied:
when i insert a database record, i cannot submit as form.advhtmleidt
because i cannot find the form.advhtmleidt in the submit as popdowm menu

Reply to this topic