HTML5 Data Bindings Support Product Page

In progress

Possible bug: sort by ascending vs. descending

Reported 23 Oct 2014 18:05:51
has this problem
23 Oct 2014 18:05:51 Steve Skinner posted:
I'm using HTML5 DB for paging and column sorting (instead of Extended repeater) for performance reasons, and I noticed something amiss when setting up asc/desc column sorting on a list.

When assigning the behavior to "control HTML5 Data Bindings" to my links for ascending or descending sort, I noticed that the code generated is not the same, and in fact, doesn't work for ascending.

For example, my code:

<a href="javascript:;" onclick="dmxDataBindingsAction('refresh','activeWO2',{'data':{&quot;sort&quot;: &quot;FIELDNAME&quot;}})">asc</a> - 
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="dmxDataBindingsAction('refresh','activeWO2',{'data':{&quot;sort&quot;: &quot;FIELDNAME&quot;, &quot;dir&quot;: &quot;desc&quot;}})">desc</a>

When the page is run, the link to sort (descending) by this column works, but the one for ascending does not.

If I manually change the ascending link from:
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="dmxDataBindingsAction('refresh','activeWO2',{'data':{&quot;sort&quot;: &quot;FIELDNAME&quot;}})">asc</a>

to:
<a href="javascript:;" onclick="dmxDataBindingsAction('refresh','activeWO2',{'data':{&quot;sort&quot;: &quot;FIELDNAME&quot;, &quot;dir&quot;: &quot;asc&quot;}})">desc</a>

It works!

So, from this it would seem that when I assign the sort behavior to the link for ascending, it does not insert all of the code that is necessary to make it work.

This works in every case where I have tested it.

Replies

Replied 24 Oct 2014 12:36:03
24 Oct 2014 12:36:03 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hi Steve,
An update is coming soon, and this will be fixed.

Reply to this topic