Pure ASP Upload 3 Manual
All you need to know about Pure ASP Upload 3
Advanced: Using Pure ASP Upload 3 with Insert Record
In this tutorial we will show you how to upload images and save their names, width and height into a database.
*You can also check out the video.
How to do it
- We've already created a simple form with three fields in it.
- Click the Insert button (1) and select the Pure ASP Upload 3 icon (2) in order the window to appear.
- We want to store just the filename (1) in our database, in a different folder than the current one (2).
- For our tutorial we limit the uploaded file type only to images.
- We choose the HTML5 progress bar from the Progress tab.
- Now we are going to add two hidden fields that will be used to store the images width and height. From the Insert menu (1), select the Forms menu item (2).
- Select the hidden field (1) and click on it (2) once it's added. We give this hidden field a proper name: width (3).
- Next, click the Add dynamic item button (1), select Upload file (2) and choose the Width binding (3). When you're done, click OK.
- We do the same with the height hidden field.
- Now, we're going to apply the Insert record behavior. From the Insert menu (1), choose the Data menu item (2) and select Insert Record (3).
- In the Insert record window, we set the right database columns for our text fields (1) and store the Image name into a database column named Image (2).
- In the next step we are going to store the width hidden field (1) value into the ImageWidth database column (2).
- We do the same for the height hidden field.
- Now you can save your work and preview the result in the browser.
- That's how you can upload images and save their names, width and height into a database.
Lubov has been with DMXzone for 8 years now, contributing to the Content and Sales departments. She is bringing high quality content in the form of daily blog updates, reviews, tutorials, news, newsletters,update emails and extensions' manuals. If you have a product that needs publicity or any other questions about the entire DMXzone community, she is the one you can contact.