In this article you will find a detailed manual for the DMXzone Slider extensions. Everything from basic to advanced usage is covered with tutorials and videos. Learn how to combine it with other DMXzone extensions such as Ajax Datagrid, HTML5 Slideshow and Advanced CSS Animator through the Behavior Connector and more. Also, we have included the features with screenshots for better preview.
DMXzone Slider Manual
Improve your site usability with a great looking Slider Control
The Basics: Creating Range Selector with DMXzone Slider
In this tutorial we will show you how to create a range selector using DMXzone Sider.
*You can also check out the video.
How to do it
- We've already created our page layout and now we'll insert the DMXzone Slider. Click on your page (1) and hit the DMXzone Slider icon (2).
- For our tutorial we will use the default ID (1) for
our Slider and will set the Initial value to 2 (2). You can leave
this field blank if you want your initial value to be 0.
- We'll leave the length at 100%.
- The minimal value is set at 0 (1) and the maximal we change to100 (2).
- The DMXzone Slider orientation can be horizontal or
vertical. For our tutorial we choose the horizontal one.
- Choose one of the predefined designs by clicking
on the style picker. We chose the Blitzer design.
- To add the range selector, click on the range checkbox.
- We leave the initial minimal value to 0 (1) and set 5 as initial maximal value (2) for our range.
- You can set the Min and Max value of the range selector to be fixed. In this case if you chose fixed minimum value it will be equal to the Slider min value, and if the fixed maximum is checked then the maximum range value will match the Slider max value.
- You can also store the selected values of the range
selector into hidden fields. If you like to do so, click the Add new
button in order to create a new hidden field. When you're
done, click OK.
*Note: If you're using fixed
min and fixed max then only the selectable value will be copied to the hidden
- Now you can save your work and preview the result in the browser.
Lubov has been with DMXzone for 8 years now, contributing to the Content and Sales departments. She is bringing high quality content in the form of daily blog updates, reviews, tutorials, news, newsletters,update emails and extensions' manuals. If you have a product that needs publicity or any other questions about the entire DMXzone community, she is the one you can contact.