Pure ASP Upload 3 Support Product Page

Problems with newer versions of IIS

Reported 13 Jan 2010 22:25:02
has this problem
13 Jan 2010 22:25:02 Ian moore posted:
PAU won't upload photos, I get this error "You are not allowed to upload files" I have all the permissions on my folder on the server set to read & write, so why can't I upload photos?

i queried this with ny host and this is the reply...

"The server that you are using is an Windows 2008 R2 IIS7.5 server.
I have had a look at DMXZONE Dynamic Flash Gallery and see from the website that it uses Pure ASP Upload to upload files and images. Unfortunately in our Acceptable Use Policy the use of Pure ASP Upload is not permitted as it places to much strain on the server affecting other users.

We have also seen from other users that have experienced issues with their websites and sessions that when Smart Image Processor is used on IIS 7.5 that the memory used by the website suddenly shots up to 1Gig of memory usage before then crashing the application pool. So again with this you would not be able to use this on our servers."

This makes a lot of my DMXZone extensions redundant

Are there any plans to update the extensions to work with newer versions of IIS ?

i can't get any replies in the Dynamic Flash Gallery ASP
forum so trying here

regards
ian

Replies

Replied 13 Jan 2010 23:56:09
13 Jan 2010 23:56:09 George Petrov replied:
HI Ian,

I'm sorry to hear all this from your hosting provider.
Actually Pure ASP Upload 3 is one of the fastest and lightest upload there is! It works event faster than most binary components available. See some of the chars at: www.dmxzone.com/go?12064#Features_in_Detail

It uses IIS building functionality so there really shouldn't be any limitations and downsizes. So I can't imagine how it places too much strains on the servers ...

Same is valid also for Smart Image Processor - it uses all the built in functionality of ASP.NET so nothing weird in there all standard Microsoft system functionality. It can even use other image components if those are available.

An image resize happens so quickly that I wonder how your hosting provider even can see a memory increase from having many users on the same site.

So it seems to me that your hosting provider isn't really getting to a very high level of service...

Maybe you should try a different one. I can highly recommend you MaximumASP the one we use. Never got problems there.

Greetings,
George
Replied 26 Feb 2015 15:41:36
26 Feb 2015 15:41:36 Steve Skinner replied:
Hi George,

I'm working on a customer site that has their own dedicated server, and it was recently upgraded to Windows Server 2008. Since then, I'm having problems getting Pure ASP Upload 3 to work. This is the error I get:

Could not write the file 'D:\inetpub\wwwroot\....'. (I excluded the full path for obvious reasons)
Make sure that ASP.NET does have write permissions in the folder.

We do have permissions set for the folder, but the server admin is telling me that "...there is no longer a ASP.NET user on windows 2008 or 2012. You need to program the permissions in your code."

Can you help me out with this so I can use PAU 3 again?

Reply to this topic