Extended Dynamic Database Connectivity Collection
All DMXzone database extensions packed in a single collection
Below you can see the comparison between the technologies used by the deprecated Dreamweaver server behaviors and the DMXzone Security Provider .
Dreamweaver Server Behaviors
DMXzone Security Provider Builder
DMXzone Security Provider Executor
DMXzone Security Provider Enforcer
Log In User -> Security Provider Builder
- Deprecated: Dreamweaver Server Behaviors - You add a Log In User server behavior to make sure the user name and password users enter are valid. The authentication is only possible if you have a database table containing the user details.
- New: DMXzone Security Provider - The most simple way to secure your site and resources is to apply a single user login security for your website. Then, you have just one username and password for all your security needs. But you can create a whole users list with usernames and password where you can add permissions for each user individually. And of course, thanks to the great integration with DMXzone Database Connector PHP/ASP you can retrieve the users list fully dynamically from your database, define permissions and add conditions per permission that define when the permission is valid.
Restrict Access to Page -> Security Provider Enforcer
- Deprecated: Dreamweaver Server Behaviors - Using the Server Behaviors you can restrict your page based on username, password and access level and redirect user if access is denied.
- New: DMXzone Security Provider - Using DMXzone Security provider you can restrict the access to any page and do an automatic redirect to a login page or access denied page if a user is not logged in or unauthorized.
Log Out User -> Control DMXzone Security Provider Executor
- Deprecated: Dreamweaver Server Behaviors - Using Server Behaviors you can choose to logout a user on clicked link or page load.
- New: DMXzone Security Provider - Using the control DMXzone Security Provider Executor, you can choose to show the modal login dialog if the user is not logged in or to logout if the user is already logged in. It can be applied to any page element and executed on any event such as mouse click, double click, page load and even onscroll.
Check New Username -> HTML5 Data Bindings & DMXzone Database Connector
- Deprecated: Dreamweaver Server Behaviors - The Check New Username server behavior verifies that the requested username is not already in the data source, redirecting the user if it is.
- New: HTML5 Data Bindings & DMXzone Database Connector - Using both Dreamweaver extensions you can check if a record exists before inserting (or updating) data into your database.
Lubov has been with DMXzone for 8 years now, contributing to the Content and Sales departments. She is bringing high quality content in the form of daily blog updates, reviews, tutorials, news, newsletters,update emails and extensions' manuals. If you have a product that needs publicity or any other questions about the entire DMXzone community, she is the one you can contact.