Forums

This topic is locked

Can Fireworks Do This?

Posted 03 Feb 2001 00:29:12
has voted
03 Feb 2001 00:29:12  BlakeWeb posted:
hey! i'm just getting into website design/development and website graphics design. I do want it to be my future. I'm currently caught up one what tools would be best. There is macromedia which has ultradev or dreamweaver, flash, fireworks, and freehand and adobe which has golive, livemotion, photoshop/imageready, and illustrator. I could use a combo of both tools, no problem, but the integration with adobe tools is excellent in GoLive and the integration w/ macromedia products in Dreamweaver/Ultradev is pretty good as well. I found this site made with Ultradev. It is called www.desktopcelebrities.com. It is a very nice looking site. I was wondering if the main header of the site (with the celebs on the orange TV backround) and that blurry navigation bar is something that could be done in Fireworks, or do you think photoshop was used to make those graphics. I know theres no way of knowing but i'm sure some of you all know what you can/cannot do in fireworks vs. photoshop. Any info you can give me is appreciated!

-Blake<font face='Verdana'></font id='Verdana'><font size=2></font id=size2>

Replies

Replied 03 Feb 2001 00:32:38
03 Feb 2001 00:32:38  BlakeWeb replied:
hey i posted the *wrong* address. The site is called Desktop Celebrities but the actual URL is www.desktopcelebs.com. I'm not sure what type of site the other one is, i realized i typed the wrong URL in when i went back in my history and saw it was desktopcelebs.com. Thank you, and sorry for any confusion!<font face='Verdana'></font id='Verdana'>

Replied 03 Feb 2001 14:56:20
03 Feb 2001 14:56:20 Waldo Smeets replied:
I think that Fireworks could do this.
I don't know exactly how to do it (I'm no graphical artist), but I'm almost sure that it FW can handle it.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver
Ultradev and Fireworks site by developers
for developers.
Replied 03 Feb 2001 16:28:43
03 Feb 2001 16:28:43  BlakeWeb replied:
Wow! You think so? So many people keep telling me that Fireworks cant compare to Photoshop when it comes to image editing. I dont plan on being a print artist or a proffesional photo toucher upper, i just want to be able to create websites and nice web graphics. I think if this can be done in Fireworks than it is definately able to handle anything I would possibly want to put its way. If you have any more comments or suggestions regarding photoshop vs fireworks my ears are all open! Thanks again!

Replied 03 Feb 2001 16:44:51
03 Feb 2001 16:44:51 Waldo Smeets replied:
Have a look at what's possible with fireworks:
www.playingwithfire.com
www.projectfireworks.com
www.extending-fireworks.com
www.comharsa.com/firefaq

Maybe you can also add them to our Fireworks Links section? I haven't had the time to do so... i would really appreciate that.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver
Ultradev and Fireworks site by developers
for developers.
Replied 18 Jun 2001 20:10:22
18 Jun 2001 20:10:22 carolus Holman replied:
I think Fireworks blow Photo-Slop away in the Web-Department. Photoshop is a great tool for Print and other media, when it come to the web Fireworks reigns supreme! Check out this site, Original images done in Photoshop, but optimized and fixed with fireworks. www.barbara-t-paras.com/home.asp
Replied 01 Jul 2001 22:36:41
01 Jul 2001 22:36:41 Peter Pritchard replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I think Fireworks blow Photo-Slop away in the Web-Department. Photoshop is a great tool for Print and other media, when it come to the web Fireworks reigns supreme! Check out this site, Original images done in Photoshop, but optimized and fixed with fireworks. www.barbara-t-paras.com/home.asp
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>#

fireworks is great for making the file size small and all the fancy web graphics that we have all seen before, maybe people like fireworks because it works well with dreamweaver, However I don't think it matters what graphics package you use. If you have a design in your head thats what matters, Most of the older designers will go for Photoshop because they are use to working with it. Anyway what ever happened to Illustrator or freehand. Have fun designers and developers and not forgettting the wannabe's

Reply to this topic