Forums

This topic is locked

Writing a directory structure with a Command

Posted 09 Sep 2001 01:38:57
has voted
09 Sep 2001 01:38:57 Jason Crichton posted:
<font face='Arial'>
I've just started messing around with extension development and have already made a few simple Objects and Behaviors for internal use at our design firm. I have a limited knowledge on the full possibilities of the dreamweaver DOM such as writing out files or copy a file in a working directory(like a CSS file), etc.

Has anybody messed around with writing out a directory structure in the site manager? For example let's say we start a project and in the root make a folder the name of the client.

<b>company_xyz</b>

We frequently get new projects in on a weekly basis and currently have a set folder structure we’ve set up for each project. For example

<b>company_xyz</b>
|_comps
|_assets
|_imagery
|_audio
|_video
|component1
|component2
|component3
|round1
|round2

I think this gives the basic idea. It's actually a lot more in depth than that. My question is, would this be possible to do in an extension? I'm assuming a Command would be the best option.

Any help or a few tips would be much appreciated thanks!

Jason
www.jasoncrichton.com
</font id='Arial'>

Replies

Replied 11 Sep 2001 13:13:25
11 Sep 2001 13:13:25 Paul R Boon replied:
Jason

I have an extension that does this, ill send it to you via email

Yours

Paul R. Boon
Lead DW/UD Extension Developer
Public Domain Ltd

Replied 14 Sep 2001 20:01:42
14 Sep 2001 20:01:42 Bruno Mairlot replied:
In the <i>most improbable</i> case that Paul's extension is not what you're looking for, then the core function that will allow you to do that is :

DWfile.createFolder()

This function is documented in the 'Extending Dreamweaver' doc. Just search for this string, and you should find the right file.

Bruno

"First they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you Win..." Ghandi
Replied 07 Nov 2001 23:34:07
07 Nov 2001 23:34:07 Some One replied:
in fact it's really easy...

// Get active site root directory
var p13path =dw.getSiteRoot();

// After that you can look UD extending documentaion OR (F1 help) DWfile section you will find info about creating directories etc. (File I/0)

sdi ::: pixels to blood

Reply to this topic