Forums

This topic is locked

Dreamweaver Mutlithreaded

Posted 25 Oct 2001 09:03:05
has voted
25 Oct 2001 09:03:05 Bruno Mairlot posted:
Does anybody knows if the dreamweaver engine is multithreaded ? And therefore could take advantage of parallelised extension design ?

--- Better to die trying, than never try at all ---

Replies

Replied 29 Oct 2001 15:08:13
29 Oct 2001 15:08:13 Joel Martinez replied:
????

Joel Martinez [ ]
----------
E-Commerce Concepts with Ultradev...pre-order yours at
www.basic-ultradev.com/ecomm_concepts/
Replied 29 Oct 2001 15:12:29
29 Oct 2001 15:12:29 Bruno Mairlot replied:
Hi Joel,

I'm currently building an extension that use a C-Level library integrated in Dreamweaver.

I'll be multithreading this library in order to use multi-processor system and therefore accelerate tremendously the work of the library.

But If I could multhithread the DW engine, this could be just wonderful.

BTW : The multithreaded library should be working with clustered MySQL server (1 master/ group of slave).

--- Better to die trying, than never try at all ---
Replied 29 Oct 2001 18:11:59
29 Oct 2001 18:11:59 Joel Martinez replied:
Hmm... dont know. I just don't have those resources. your best bet would be to try to contact someone from the dev team at MM with this.

again, I can't say that I fully understand what you're trying to do, but if you're talking about spawing multiple threads from within the extensibility layer, I haven't come across any of that in any docs that I've seen.
I guess in theory, you should be able to do threads in the c .dll, but I don't think you'd be able to interact with them through the extension. Unless you give the .dll methods that interact with them, then I would assume windows would take care of using the multi-processing capabilities on it's own.

well, that's my $0.02

Joel Martinez [ ]
----------
E-Commerce Concepts with Ultradev...pre-order yours at
www.basic-ultradev.com/ecomm_concepts/

Reply to this topic