Forums

This topic is locked

Moving Forms & Database to Live Server

Posted 06 Apr 2001 19:12:18
has voted
06 Apr 2001 19:12:18 Lewis Richards posted:
Hello,
I need some help.
I have created a form and database connectivity on my machine that has a personal web server (PWS) on it.

My form works properly and the Pure ASP upload does it thing.
However, I have setup on another server the same dsn connection and put the same database on that server. I have placed the form in a virtual directy that is live to the web but I get the following error message: 3704 The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this to work properly?

Thanks

Replies

Replied 10 Apr 2001 22:39:40
10 Apr 2001 22:39:40 Waldo Smeets replied:
Hi Jordan,

I don't know the answer myself. Have you already taken a look at the comments that people posted at the Pure Upload extension detail page? ( www.udzone.com/go?20 ) or the tutorial page ( www.udzone.com/go?221 )?
When the answer is not there I suggest you post your question there. Cause then we have all Pure Upload questions on 1 page, and even better: Georges receives an automated email that you have posted a question. Then it's more likely that he will answer you.

He's in Hew York at the Macromedia UCON now... expect him back at the end of the week.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Ultradev and Fireworks recourse site for developers
by developers.
------------------------------------------
Replied 10 Apr 2001 23:23:45
10 Apr 2001 23:23:45 Lewis Richards replied:
Thanks Waldo,
I will be sure to do that.
I did see a reference to go to microsoft site to update the MDAC.
That might be my problem. I will know tomorrow.

Reply to this topic