Forums

This topic is locked

binding xml data Island to controls and .Net

Posted 20 Nov 2001 11:49:25
has voted
20 Nov 2001 11:49:25 johannes nel posted:
with all this hooya about .Net, i have been considering how it will be able to integrate the ease of use and RAD capiblities of UDev with the abovementioned platform. The only logical solution is to be able to bind client controls to xml and manipulate them on the client (-with back end .net bussiness logic).

Due to the fact that I develop in Africa (where bandwith is EXTREMELY expensive) the server client model proposed by .Net is currently still way short of the ideal (with way to many rountrips in a place where we have to define quite a bit of logic on the client).

NOW FOR THE QUESTION...

How can I bind my control's to an XML data island and still hve the ease of use Udev offers web-developers(who don't seem to want to look at code!!)and secondly will UDev support integration with .aspx pages in the future?

<b></b><u></u><b></b>

Replies

Replied 15 Dec 2001 14:54:09
15 Dec 2001 14:54:09 Joel Martinez replied:
Well, the short answer to your question is No... there are no real implementations for .net in udev at this point.

the long answer, is... it's been rumored through the grapevine (and these are knowlegable grapvines) that the next version of UD will have .net support, so Yes, when the next version comes out.

the ease of use that ultradev offers only comes from the use of extensions. so unless one has been written, you gotta hand code it.

Joel Martinez [ ]
----------
E-Commerce Concepts with Ultradev...pre-order yours at
www.basic-ultradev.com/ecomm_concepts/

Reply to this topic