Forums

This topic is locked

asp and flash

Posted 08 Apr 2001 23:41:15
has voted
08 Apr 2001 23:41:15 Leon Radley posted:
Is there a way to loop through a database like the repeat region in Flash??
I know I kan get one record but how do I do if I want to loop though the whole database, trying to do a simple guestbook in flash that has a access database as background

// Leon

Replies

Replied 10 Apr 2001 22:45:54
10 Apr 2001 22:45:54 Waldo Smeets replied:
Hi Leon,

that's not an easy thing to do. You must then both use Flash Actionscript and ASP script to do this. I think you should take a look at www.flashkit.com for a guestbook download. I can't explain it in detail here because I have never really done this myself and it's a complicated story.

You should first try to solve the flash problem: start loading data from a txt file and make sure that flash can handle them. When you have that ready you can focus on how to have asp write the same output as the textfile, and how to navigate through the messages.

But what's also important: why do you want to have a messageboard in flash? I have had the discussion several times with others and all the time we ended up with the conclusion that flash messageboards are not really usefull... most people prefer html based boards.

Waldo Smeets - www.UDzone.com Webmaster
------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A Dreamweaver, Ultradev and Fireworks recourse site for developers
by developers.
------------------------------------------
Replied 19 Apr 2001 15:36:35
19 Apr 2001 15:36:35 e site replied:
Hi Leon,

Yes, you can with the Duplicate Movie script in Flash.

A *very* cool app was developped by the guy from www.retroscope.com. The source is free for download! Isn't that great.

It's an advanced, cleverly build piece of asp, but I'm sure it'll help you out!

Good luck

Reply to this topic