Forums

PHP

This topic is locked

PHAKT/UD4/WEBHOSTS

Posted 16 Dec 2001 11:59:23
has voted
16 Dec 2001 11:59:23 Omoniyi Ewete posted:
I'm a newbie & I have a simple problem & that's I host with AIT (www.aitcom.net) & they provide mysql hosting given the url & port no. My problem goes thus, i use PHAKT 1.0/UD4 to connect to my database locally & create webapps but when i upload the database & the html & php files it doesn't work/connect, so i'm just asking whether there's a way I can go around this. (should i connect directly to my remote database b4 generate any code & uploading?)Pls help i'm quite desperate as my hosting of mysqldatabase of the month is almost due.<font size=5></font id=size5>

Replies

Replied 17 Dec 2001 11:46:48
17 Dec 2001 11:46:48 Tim Green replied:
It sounds to me like you need to amend your database connection within UltraDev.

My understanding from your posting is that you use a local MySQL server for testing, which is fine (I do this myself). However, when you do this, you will need to modify your Connection file before you upload.

To do this, go to Modify-&gt;Connections and select the connection you use. Click edit, and in the Remote Connection section, enter the details (IP Address, Database Name, Username and Password) of your remote MySQL host. Click OK when done.

Now you can safely upload all your files (ensuring that you also upload the Connections folder and adodb folder) and it should all work.

Tim Green

Extension & PHP TalkZone Manager
<font size=1>-------------------------------------------
<i>Please read the Forum FAQ before posting
a question to this TalkZone.</i>
-------------------------------------------
www.UDzone.com : A dynamic Dreamweaver,
Ultradev and Fireworks site for developers
by developers.
-------------------------------------------</font id=size1>

Reply to this topic