Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Frames/Live Data and ASP

Posted 17 Dec 2001 12:44:13
has voted
17 Dec 2001 12:44:13 Kent Steelman posted:
I have a set of frames developed (.html extentions) for my website. The reasoning is I do not want the Nav Bar and other visuals that will be consistant from page to page to continue to load each time the user moves through the web site.

With this said. I am trying to call into the mainFrame an asp page. The page works with and displays the correct live data. My problem lies in that when I attemp to view the home page (Index.html (Frameset), I recieve the notification that this can not be done from the remote server and must be viewed locally and hence will not allow the asp page to load with or without live data. You actually get a pop up menue to open the page. Any comments...

Kent

Wm. Kent Steelman

Replies

Replied 18 Dec 2001 12:35:08
18 Dec 2001 12:35:08 Kent Steelman replied:
Here is the answer, so simple yet so hard. What I wanted to do was test the web site in the browser. One of my gripes about any documentation is that it is not properly written and that is typically due to the author assuming (either knowing or unknowingly) that the reader has a level of knowledge/expertiese. What I was tyring to do was test the web site... to do so one uses the personal web server not live data of UD. To do so you just open up the browser of choise and type in the following. localhost/site_name/home_page.html This will allow the developer to know what the web site should look like and perform when it is published to the internet.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a set of frames developed (.html extentions) for my website. The reasoning is I do not want the Nav Bar and other visuals that will be consistant from page to page to continue to load each time the user moves through the web site.

With this said. I am trying to call into the mainFrame an asp page. The page works with and displays the correct live data. My problem lies in that when I attemp to view the home page (Index.html (Frameset), I recieve the notification that this can not be done from the remote server and must be viewed locally and hence will not allow the asp page to load with or without live data. You actually get a pop up menue to open the page. Any comments...

Kent

Wm. Kent Steelman
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Wm. Kent Steelman

Reply to this topic