Forums

This topic is locked

I want help rating my site please !

Posted 24 Dec 2001 08:35:27
has voted
24 Dec 2001 08:35:27 LiToZ LiToZ posted:
Dear UDzone forums members,
i just loved this community built on this site so i wanted you members to rate my site and give me your opinion about it so that i can improve my work... my website is www.mymaadi.com , it contains a snitz forums like this one, classified ADs, greeting cards , mobiles fun, games, jokes and MORE. so please members i want you to view this site and give me your opinion about it so i can improve my work!
thanks alot guys...

-----------------
AkMaLiTo-C RuLeZ
-----------------

Replies

Replied 24 Dec 2001 13:22:41
24 Dec 2001 13:22:41 Viktor Farcic replied:
Have you tried to load your site with IE6? It requires from visitor to download Java Virtual Machine. Microsoft removed it from IE.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Dear UDzone forums members,
i just loved this community built on this site so i wanted you members to rate my site and give me your opinion about it so that i can improve my work... my website is www.mymaadi.com , it contains a snitz forums like this one, classified ADs, greeting cards , mobiles fun, games, jokes and MORE. so please members i want you to view this site and give me your opinion about it so i can improve my work!
thanks alot guys...

-----------------
AkMaLiTo-C RuLeZ
-----------------
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager
Replied 02 Jan 2002 10:54:13
02 Jan 2002 10:54:13 Bill Chalmers replied:
Sorry mate but that site is bad, colours all over the shop, the graphics are bad, very hard to read, within 10 seconds of loading it, I wanted to go to another site, I couldn't read it, the colours hurt my eyes and its too busy, you need to get a lot simpler with your design, there's too much one one page, badly layed out with too many colours, your'e using frames and there's an exit popup!!!, which is a crime in itself sorry if this sounds harsh, but its my honest opinion

Edited by - bchalmers on 02 Jan 2002 10:55:50
Replied 02 Jan 2002 19:58:19
02 Jan 2002 19:58:19 Tolu Ayoola replied:
i second that.. the site has too many stuff on one page.. make it simpler.

The initial thought of failure is the begining of failure itself -Tolu Ayoola
Replied 03 Jan 2002 04:08:03
03 Jan 2002 04:08:03 Owen Eastwick replied:
I have to go along with the general consensus here.

The site is very busy and I think you should look around for a good quality graphics application that will allow you to preview and optimise your graphics for web use. My personal choice is Photoshop 6.0 which is great if the £600 asking price is not a problem however I know that many people get fine results with alternatives like Fireworks, Paintshop Pro and XaraX.

However I think the thing which strikes you most immediately is the number and choice of colours. Try restricting your pallette, it is a common mistake when faced with a large number of available colours to use as many of the most contrasting colours possible. Have a read up on colour theory hort.ifas.ufl.edu/TEACH/floral/color.htm. The same goes for font choice, restrict this to one or two at most, then use it consistantly throughout the site so that headers etc. are the same, in order to give the visitor a sense of the importance of the various page elements. Also bear in mind that in general Sans-Serif fonts like Arial and Verdana are easier to read on screen than Serif fonts like Times New Roman.

Lastly have you checked the site in older browsers like Netscape 4, whilst it's a chore sorting ecverything out so that it still looks OK in Netscape it's worth bearing in mind that NN4 users still constitute 10 - 15% of your visitors.

Regards

Owen.

Multiple Parameter UD4 / Access 2000 Database Search Tutorial:
www.tdsf.co.uk/tdsfdemo

Reply to this topic