Forums

ASP

This topic is locked

Server Stats

Posted 04 Jan 2002 10:55:47
has voted
04 Jan 2002 10:55:47 Gavin Beddow posted:
Does any one know how I can generate site stats in realtime using ASP. I have tried solutions like AMstats, but they are a little limited. Ideally I could do with something that reads the log files on the server and processes them, or atleast do something similar, perhaps with a database.

I have searched on Aspin.com, but don't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for. Our web server is hosted by a third part company, so I don't have direct access to set up an app like AnalogX.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gavin

Replies

Replied 04 Jan 2002 13:35:10
04 Jan 2002 13:35:10 Viktor Farcic replied:
You can create table with fields: date, page, referrer, visits... and update it with every loaded page.
Take a look at: www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/021601-1.shtml

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Does any one know how I can generate site stats in realtime using ASP. I have tried solutions like AMstats, but they are a little limited. Ideally I could do with something that reads the log files on the server and processes them, or atleast do something similar, perhaps with a database.

I have searched on Aspin.com, but don't seem to be able to find what I'm looking for. Our web server is hosted by a third part company, so I don't have direct access to set up an app like AnalogX.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gavin

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager

Edited by - vfarcic on 04 Jan 2002 13:38:55
Replied 04 Jan 2002 16:35:27
04 Jan 2002 16:35:27 Joel Martinez replied:
that last example requires you to include some files on every page... if you want something a bit easier, read this:
www.codecube.net/item.asp?cc_ItemID=80

then for reporting on those stats

www.codecube.net/item.asp?cc_ItemID=81

Joel Martinez [ ]
----------
E-Commerce Concepts with Ultradev...pre-order yours at
www.basic-ultradev.com/ecomm_concepts/

Reply to this topic