This topic is locked

What would you do...

Posted 07 Feb 2002 14:01:44
has voted
07 Feb 2002 14:01:44 Viktor Farcic posted:
... if one day you receive mail from your hosting company with following words:
"We have lost the content for the following SQLs and are unable to restore
any backup."

I know that they have backups. They just don't want to restore or send them to me. Host is in USA and I'm not familiar with law in US since I'm living in Spain. Does somebody has any idea of what should me my next step? Can I force them legaly to restore my backup?

Does anybody know of some hired mercenary that would be willing to go there and kill all of them?

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager

Edited by - vfarcic on 07 Feb 2002 17:44:54

Replies

Replied 12 Feb 2002 14:23:36
12 Feb 2002 14:23:36 Waldo Smeets replied:
Auch that really is BAD! I have no experience with this and to be honest to never have such experience. Can you find something in your contract about this?

Personally I would also immediately start looking for a new host.

Waldo Smeets -- www.UDzone.com Co-Founder
------------------------------------------
UDzone.com: The site for Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev Developers!
Replied 12 Feb 2002 16:36:25
12 Feb 2002 16:36:25 Viktor Farcic replied:
I'm going to change host within few days. Site in question is my 'playground' and it's not meant to be profitable nor for visitors. Something like intranet for only one user - me. Therefore, I can't spend a lot on host (let's say 20$/month). On the other hand, it needs to be NT with SQL Server 2000. Those kind of servers are usually more expensive then I'm willing to spend.
Can you recomend one? Right now my bet is webhost4life.com. Have you heard anything about them?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Auch that really is BAD! I have no experience with this and to be honest to never have such experience. Can you find something in your contract about this?

Personally I would also immediately start looking for a new host.

Waldo Smeets -- www.UDzone.com Co-Founder
------------------------------------------
UDzone.com: The site for Macromedia
Dreamweaver UltraDev Developers!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager

Edited by - vfarcic on 12 Feb 2002 16:38:06

Reply to this topic